Discussion Starter #1
Ok. What the hell is this and what does it do and where does it go? XD

I'm totally stumped xD

Help, please?

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what it is then. It's placed(when looking head-onto the engine, on the right side of the Mass air flow sensor, and the air filter. But, there's a problem. It runs the fan(sometimes) before I crank the car. It's been 30-50 degrees here lately, the engine doesn't need cooling. Especially when it's turned off.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, what type of intake is this?

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
A hot-air one. :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
10,571 Posts
The CCRM is known for having open or shorted relays; search, there's a pic of one Alan (dirtydog) soldered relays into to fix it. :)

I'd get one from a yard, personally.

You need a stock airbox and inlet tube; it will actually perform better than that. :(

That's not an improvement, as Matt mentioned, it's grabbing hot air from the engine compartment, not cool air from the nose/fenderwell.

There's a big difference, for sure. :)

An upgrade (from stock) is a newer 6-wire maf, and the inlet/tube from a mustang with a cone filter.

I had to clock it 90° to make the rubber 'snorkel' go thru the hole out the bottom, instead of out the side, the way mustangs are stock.

You really don't need anything better than the stock inlet/filter setup until you get at least a PI intake on it. :)

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much is a PI intake? I've heard about it, but i thought the SVO I takes were better.

·
Super Moderator
10,571 Posts
PI intakes are in Crown Vics and Gran Marquis cars as well as mustangs, so they're easy to find.

These are also great sources of transmissions, up to 2002. :)

I've paid from $50-$150 for a pi intake; I think one was a whole kit.

You need the valley pipe, water pump nipple, and alternator bracket as well.

Nick at MHS sells a kit for the 'additional components'; http://www.modularheadshop.com/MHS-PIIntakeSwap.aspx

You can get everything from a JY cheap, but if you can get the nipple out in usable condition, you are really lucky!

EDIT: The last time someone asked "Anyone know...", dude's top shock mount fell off on a lift; a case of adding hydraulics, lol.
I'm sure musto is much happier now; I'd post a link, but all the pictures are gone now.
Seeing the thread title made me search it...

·
Super Moderator
10,571 Posts
Yes, I'm a twit. :)

I thought that was a 95 manifold, but that's a line running back to the heater core...

I do stand by my comment on the inlet tube. :)

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so, what does my car have Instead of a carburetor?(I think that's how you spell it)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
throttle body, and eight fuel injectors, one per cylinder.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, another question, if I just changed the fuel filter, and the lines and fuel pump are good, when I crank it, it runs, and dies. It won't idle for longer then 3 seconds. Could it be the Injectors, or what?

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Were would the air be coming from?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
could be any break/crack in any of the vacuum lines.

First thing you should have done is clean the maf sensor carefully. Then you can see if you can get your LTFTs somehow from the OBD port. If there is significant fuel adaptation, it usually means something somewhere is compromised.

You've failed to mention if it's always been doing this, or just after you tinkered with it?

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Always.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts