TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading awhile back that ford and bmw tried teaming up to make a 4 wheel drive T-Bird?? I am trying to find the info on it now for a friend and I cant find it anywhere...anyone have any info on this?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
SCCoA is in the process of restoring it. It is a SWEET ride.

·
Registered
284 Posts
joshbea6 said:
It is a SWEET ride.
:zwthstpd: I'm glad SCCOA is going to restore it, usually stuff like that get's sent right to the crusher. I wonder how much it weighed. With a stock SC clocking in at around 2 tons, I can't help but think that thing would be a porker. But it is an AWD T-Bird with Porsche AWD, so I guess you can't complain too much :D

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I have a couple pictures, buy they were posted on here. Check around, or I can email them.

·
8,239 Posts
what progress has been done to the car? Anybody know?

I was at the dinner where George and Duffy talked about the project, and showed off a bunch of pictures.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
No real progress on the car since the club took ownership of it, as far as I know. George and Duffy both had a very busy year with regard to their respective work, but now have a bit more free time I think. They were both able to make it out to an SCCoA mini-meet in Ohio 4 or 5 weeks ago, it was good to see them.

Basically the project needs a bunch of planning first, to evaluate the status of all the pieces of the car. From there, the parts and labour for doing the work will have to be sourced.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
VicRattlehead said:
did you pay the 15 dollars for the membership????

that would be a negative since I dont own a super coupe (only the bumper and a fender from one)

someone else posted the link for me thanks

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
bet it would kickass in the winter though. anything had to be better than a car with no weight in the rear and slick roads.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
How did they get ahold of it?
The car was still in the hands of Dana Corp., who had done the development work on the AWD system for Ford in this case. Through a couple of retired Ford engineers who had worked on the MN-12 cars, they were able to make the arrangements to have the car donated to the SCCoA, once the club got it's not for profit status registered.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ricerbird said:
bet it would kickass in the winter though. anything had to be better than a car with no weight in the rear and slick roads.
**** that.

id build the **** out of the motor, turbo it, and launch like a mofo at the track.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts