TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm in exhaust fabricating mode and almost done with my set. I have an extra set (used) that I could rig up if anyone was serious enough about getting them from me. Keep in mind these have 3" collectors so they are not by any means a drop-in mod. Serious inquiries respond or PM.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Details what brand etc and size

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
What price and any chance of making them to fit a 4v? ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Negatory on 4v. i doubt the exhaust ports are even in the same locations, so it's not just a matter of switching flanges.

BUT, I tell ya what. Send me a pair of 4V heads, a set of 4V headers, and I can mount them on my mock-up engine and figure out the routing. :)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I want kooks 1 3/4 long tubes

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok here are some pics.

This is the one piece that I would have to cut out (about an inch long) to replace the weld that rusted away:

Some minor pitting:

That is the passenger side header that is in worse shape than the driver's side header. For those that PM me, if they're too rough of a shape for you, just let me know so I can junk them.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think I've responded to everyone that has asked about these. Good to see there is interest so I wont junk them just yet and I'll keep sandblasting them little by little everyday.

Again, this is not a for sale thread because the finished set doesn't exist yet, so I can't name a price just yet.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
For those still interested, I took longer than expected because I was not happy with the clearance between the #7 primary and the steering shaft. So I decided to change up the routing and have both the #7 and #8 primaries go up and over the steering shaft. Here is how they look with final tack welds in place and dropped into the engine bay.

Steering shaft AND stupid rag joint fully cleared. :)

Now granted this is with the 'Chuck' mounts that I will be using. Final fitment may be different with stock mushy mounts.

So whoever is still serious about getting the other set done, please PM me. No I will not make the other set first; it's that much of a PITA.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I wish I had the cash to send you a set of Mac headers and a scrap 4v head, I've been drooling over custom long tubes for about a year, but the funds aren't there :( I just moved again and will be moving again shortly. I hate moving hopefully this next move will be my last for awhile.

P.S. Thanks for the info via pm awhile ago!

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Is there reason to have any concerns about how close one of the tubes are to the brake lines and rubber boot on the steering shaft assy?

·
Super Moderator
16,833 Posts
I thought the same thing about the brake lines though it looks like they can be bent out of the way. The rubber boot on the shaft is only there to seal the shaft to the firewall boot, it can be trimmed up to there if it was an issue.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there reason to have any concerns about how close one of the tubes are to the brake lines and rubber boot on the steering shaft assy?
they're not that close. Pictures are deceiving. Besides you have to remember, if these weren't in there, there would still be an exhaust manifold which isn't that far off from those two things anyways.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I wish I had the cash to send you a set of Mac headers and a scrap 4v head, I've been drooling over custom long tubes for about a year, but the funds aren't there :( I just moved again and will be moving again shortly. I hate moving hopefully this next move will be my last for awhile.

P.S. Thanks for the info via pm awhile ago!
I hope you moved away from the Roxy smoker parkway.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Nice work, GM! You should have no trouble moving those.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I hope you moved away from the Roxy smoker parkway.
Lol yep I moved to an older recently renovated section of Vegas, now it's time to move again, this time to a house with a garage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts