TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won the the only race i have attempted so far. I raced a late 90's Olds Cutlass with a 3.1 in it. We did straight quarter mile. He got me off the line but i quickly chased him down and beat him by 2 or 3 car lenths. This was before i put my stereo system in. The subs added a good 200 pound so my racing career is over for a while.

Anybody else rack up some kills with a 3.8? I know its slow in an MN12 but im curious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've got dozen's of kill storys

I've got a 3.8 N/A and I have plenty of kill stories...most of them are all imports though....go figure?!?! haha, like, the other day i was goin out to the movie's w/ some buddie's and this black 92 civic...decked out...roll's up to a redlight special w/ me...and we had about a good mile clearance of non-traffic drivin...light goe's green and i romped it....shut him down...but then he hit NOS and got a sweet 3rd gear burn out and passed me up....but he used up all his NOS and we raced at the next light...he tried to hit the NOS but he was dry...and had to race w/ actual motor power...and i smoked him.
My friend Jevon, has a 88' Corrolla GTS, DOHC, VVT-I 16V motor...we raced the other night down meridean and it was dead even w/ me and him...but then we both came up to the railroad tracks and we were at about 90mph and we both actually got airtime in our cars....landed and almost slammed into eachother....very fun.
My friend has a 1986 Mustang GT w/ a 93' 5.0 HO, runs mid 13's on the quarter...we raced...and he smoked the livin **** outa me...that's one of my favorites!

DenverTBird
Chad K.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I got a kill...

I killed a deer with my 89 3.8na....but thats not the kind of kill you were talking about..

With my 91 3.8na I beat this punk kid on his bike! LOL!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I have a 3.8 N/A kill story. I am driving my 94 4.6 SOHC and this girl pulls up in a 93 3.8. She revs it and then brakes it up to launch when the light turns green. I just sit there awaiting the green light. Green light, I hit the gas without previously breaking it up so she leaves on me a little, I had over a car length lead by the time we hit 35, the speed limit on the street we were on. It's a 3.8 n/a kill story, just not quite the kind you are looking for.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cougar Kill

I once got to a stoplight and right beside me was a fellow Cougar (a girl was driving) and I thought hey I should follow beside her and see if she notices I got the same car. She did so we both raced for a while then I got off the highway. It was funny racing a car that is the exact same.

·
Registered
188 Posts
back when

I ase to have a 3.8 n/a I took on a 3.8 camaro that some hot chick and her sister were driving well I won barely but my car was completly stock. When we meet up at the cruzing area parking lot we started to talk and well needless to say were still talking on really good terms if you know what I mean!;):D :cool: :D

·
Registered
946 Posts
sure 3.8 n/a mn12s can have kills!

neons (not the r/t..the expressos or whatever)
civics (hx)
insights
mustangs (4 cyl)
hell even corvettes and cobras! (on limpmode...or in the case of corvettes *maybe* on their runflats...)

;) j/k

was wondering why that cutlass even went to the track? one of these days i'm gonna go to the track in my L and then unload my BMX bike and try to run it... ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey cyntaxx, you race BMX? I do too. what tracks do you race at? Im guessing Rockford and Elgin if you are in the ABA. What class are you in?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Best KILL EVER!!!

I was rolling around town, in my not so stock '89 3.8 T-bird, early one morning before I had class. I came up on the side of a late model Eclipse with the soup-can exaust, lowered to the ground, with a big "wing" on the back. I couldn't help myself so I revved him while the light was red. He revved me back and the light turned green and the race was on. I trashed him right off the bat. I had two car lengths on him easy. Then he suddenly dropped back real fast. I looked into my rear-view only to see him getting out of his car to get that soup-can exaust out of the #2 lane on the road. :eek: OH NO! RICE AGAIN!?!?!?

:D Thundercat

A kinda sad p.s. I sold the T-Bird and I've got a '92 5.0 Cougar. So I will have no more 3.8 Kills :(

·
Registered
946 Posts
i don't really race bmx....i just ride a lot. pro stock is the name/model of the bike...not any class or anything

sorry about the confusion but i'm not badass enough to race anything without an engine in it :(

i try to do stuff though! i jump stairs and stuff and hurt myself! isnt that a sport?

·
Registered
467 Posts
i don't think it would mean much...but i beat my friends 94 lincoln towncar by 3 feet..

also messed around a little and blew some ricers away..

its ridiculus, even since F&TF came out...this town has bees everywhere....and none of them have done anything to there car except put some muffler on and a paint job....its crazy...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I've taken out a Few, Including a stock 95 4.6L t-bird :D , but mine isn't stock
A guy from work owns the 95' and I raced him at a set of lights on the way home, He had a 1 car lead on me off the line till I hit 3000rpm in first and I slowly walked by him, had about 2 cars on him at 85mph.

V6 stangs are no trouble anymore (except for 99+ 5speeds) (could beat 94-98 autos when my car was stock)

Totally destroys American Rice around my place (Neons, Cavs, and Sunfires)
Any there is this one 1 White civic that TRIES every time (beat HER with my wifes 4cyl grand am!)

·
Registered
946 Posts
i've walked a lot of 94-95 cougars and tbirds...

but a coupla months ago i posted a sad sad kill where i was prey to a 99+ 5spd stang....i couldn't hang at all!

which is why i had to do the Lightning "mod" ;)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i beat my friends 98 mystique that has svt exhaust, a cone filter and an svt tb. i beat him by a lot, and i had nasty tire spin too. i dunno, i guess its just he cant drive good. i also smoke civics all the time, riced-rangers, ive once beaten my other friends maxima, i dont know how, but i did, but every other time i raced him i lost. i beat another friends 96 tbird 3.8. but my favorite is when i had jsut cut off my muffler so it wouldnt melt my new 94/95 sc bumper cover, multi colored, and i had (still dont) no front end, a guy in a really riced out civic pulls up next to me with his girlfriend in hte passenger seat.. i rev, he does, light turns green and hes in my rearview mirror. -greg

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've never lost to rice....

But then again I pick my victims carefully.

Anything that says Honda Civic on it - race is over in First gear, they never catch up.
Acura integras - more of the same, they almost catch up.
Full size Ford v8's, stock Thunderbird 4.6's - I catch them around 70MPH. So I can catch them, but maybe not in a 1/4 mile.

The car: 1995 LX 3.8 with K&N intake, cold air induction ducts, Dennis chip and 130,000 hard miles. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts