TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing one. I found one local to me with rather high mileage (220k) but as long as it don't have any knocks or such I'll just rebuild it. I've always loved these cars since I first saw them.

If there are any owners/enthusiasts for these Marauders just curious is there a difference between the years that might make one more valuable than the other?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
You're clearly not afraid to rebuild mechanical problems, but on a 220k car, the interior cant be in that great of shape. A lot of the parts are marauder specific and getting hard to find.

·
Super Moderator
11,912 Posts
Blown38 and his dad have one of the fastest Marauders in the country. I'm sure they could tell you anything you want to know about them.

Marauders are great cars. I've always liked them too.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I almost got a black one but didnt like the shape the interior was in and the engine had timing problems

·
Registered
536 Posts
No difference between the years really. The 04s and later have duel knock sensors and are available in colors other than black. The early 03s were built with soft axles that eventually failed. There was a warranty recall where the axles were changed.

Mitch

·
Registered
622 Posts
04's you get the 9 thread spark plug heads. 03 you get black or blue, 04 you get black red or silver. I replaced an engine in an 04 cause the chain guides wore out. The eatc units go out causing problems with ac function, usually you can rebuild them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts