TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Since I have a Mark VIII and met a guy named Jamie who is big on this other board, lincolnvscadillac, I decided to start frequenting over there and learning some Mark VIII specific stuff.

I gotta tell y'all. They are a totally different breed over there. You wouldn't believe the threads they have going that I don't understand why no admins have locked and/or deleted. I just feel these boards should be for car nuts, but TCCoA has far more car-oriented ppl. Isn't that what a car forum is about? Cars?

Somebody please straighten me out if I'm wrong..... :zdunno:

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I'm a member over there as well.

·
Super Moderator
16,826 Posts
I'm sure I'm registered over there, as well as most any other board pertaining to these platforms just to see projects or new ideas...

...LVC is thus seldom visited.

I can't stand message boards with that much techless chit chat. That's what garbage dumps like facebook are for.

FWIW MarkVIII.org blows LVC away from my experience.

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
.... That's what garbage dumps like facebook are for.
:uppoint: and to the garbage dump pile I'll add Twitter.

Of the Mark VIII forums the only one I frequent is Lincolns of Distinction. That is a very well run site. Very similar to TCCoA.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
:uppoint: and to the garbage dump pile I'll add Twitter.

Of the Mark VIII forums the only one I frequent is Lincolns of Distinction. That is a very well run site. Very similar to TCCoA.
Bravo I agree with you both on those web sites !

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh, LVC is turning out to by quite the slumville. I commented on a computerized video somebody made with a Mark VIII, and some guy called me a "moron" and said I was priceless.

I responded:

Nice Comment.
Sounds like you're pretty priceless yourself....

I wanted to go on, but that crowd is obviously pretty bored with themselves.....

·
Super Moderator
9,181 Posts
I've been on markviii.org since about May, I'm not on there a lot but when I need answers usually I can find them. A bit slow and the board software is out of date, but like I said, there's lots of info there.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I'm sure I'm registered over there, as well as most any other board pertaining to these platforms just to see projects or new ideas...

...LVC is thus seldom visited.

I can't stand message boards with that much techless chit chat. That's what garbage dumps like facebook are for.

FWIW MarkVIII.org blows LVC away from my experience.
thats it!

I'm deleting you from my friend list!!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats it!

I'm deleting you from my friend list!!! :eek:
You keep a 'friend' list? :zdunno:

I keep a list, too - but it doesn't have friends on it! :D

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
379 Posts
I belong to quite a few Lincoln - Thunderbird- Ford sites and they all have something positive to contribute. But I think its a good idea to watch a while first so you know who are compatible with and not.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Been my experience that some of the members at LvC have been less than successful participants in other communities.... jus' sayin'.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just want to say I appreciate the positive comments in regard to the Lincolns of Distinction site. :)
I've been there plenty of times, too. Nice site!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I also enjoy and lurk the LOD but I haven't registered since there is great tech but frequently months on end without posts. I do like the environment though. LVC is fine in moderation sometimes decent tech, mostly rambling. MarkVIII.org has some good tech available though searching. I also frequent ModularMisfits for their tech as well as a few others. I go where the tech goes. It drives Ms. Murder crazy lol. My biggest issue with LVC is their horrible search engine, although it would probably help if everyone labeled their post with something other than "Helpz me plz IDK wtf is wrong with my MarkVIII air suspension."

·
Super Moderator
4,901 Posts
Chris - Try this trick.

Go to www.google.com, and type in the search terms, and add at the end:

site:lincolnvscadillac.com

Or for here,

site:forums.tccoa.com

That lets the Google search engine do the searching for you.

RwP

1 - 20 of 27 Posts