TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to get a little better mileage/power out of both my 95 LX 4.6 and 94 SC 5spd. Anyone notice any increases in their mileage for either/both of these cars through thier exeriances? Also, I've heard a lack of back pressure can actually hurt the mileage but don't know if thats true.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
the lack of backpressure will hurt low end torque, but raise overall torque, i noticed better gas mileage with my straight pipes and free flowing intake pipe. then i ran a 28 tall rear tire and really picked things up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet car you got there! SC seats in my LX are something i've wanted for a long time and was thinking the same colors has you did. anyways, when i first got my LX 4yrs ago I cut the rear mufflers off and put chrome tips that are bent the same as the factory too, but other then that it still has the cat's, resonator and single pipe to the back. I just got my SC and it's still bone stock....For now my priority for mods is things that help out power and mileage at the same time...well thats providing i can control my lead foot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts