TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey any one got dual exhaust on a non sc 3.8 and how does it sound what kind it is any sound clips if>:) cost im lookin to get dual exhuast on my 96 3.8 lx
thanx ;)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
no cats. no res, 2.25" all the way back to a Y to two flowmaster 40 series. its not the greatest sounding exhaust, but i havent really heard much better on a 3.8 n/a, and definitly better than stock. -greg

·
Registered
59 Posts
3.8 Dual exhaust

Did the Dynomax catback, that's resonater, "Y" pipe and SuperTurbos. Sounds is a mellow tone, no performance gain, looks nice.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
with my setup i had a huge improvement on my high end.. the sucker really pulls more than it did before. the low end seems rather uneffected, maybe a slight loss but i chirped them off the line saturday and it pulled hard and its more fun to drive. -greg

·
Registered
710 Posts
At this very moment I'm having true dual exhaust put on my car with Glasspack mufflers on it. I'm leaving the first 2 cats but taking the rest of the stock system out. I'll let you know how it sounds soon. I might have the mufflers changed eventually though if the drone is too bad during normal driving.

-94 3.8L n/a

·
Registered
26 Posts
what do you guys think it will sound like with a Y-pipe where the 3ed cat is going back to a single in dule out flowmaster

or a Y pipe where the 3ed cat is going back to a 2ed Y pipe and 2 40 sares flows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts