TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I meet someone that will cut'em out for me, they will be made out of aluminum. I just don't know how to cut the gauge holes out. I am asking because I have to buy a half sheet of aluminum just to get a 2.2 x 7.4 inch chunk for my gauges. And that would be expensive just for that! But if I figure out a way to cut the 1.5 inch holes I would let you know.

Eric

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Try finding a clipboard made out of aluminum. Thats what I used for the block off plate on my cold air intake. works great. Often large corporations give them out for free.

·
Registered
789 Posts
great, Pfizer brand gauges

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL works for at least one stock car driver! :D

·
The Parts Guy
7,342 Posts
funderbird said:
But if I figure out a way to cut the 1.5 inch holes I would let you know.

Eric
I use a holesaw drill bit in a drill press for my gauge panels.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rod! I wasn't asking for a profit...I just needed some contributors, But now that I know all that, I am not going to have that dude do it...He was talking 50 bucks for a half sheet. Crazy

Eric

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
My Cougar said:
There's these on E-bay

http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=thunderbird&srchdesc=y&sid=70542079&store=Fire+and+Ice+Motorsports&colorid=5&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=2&fsop=3

Does any one have one of them on their car? I thought about getting one but want to know what it looks like. THX
i have one from them in my '95, the chrome one, and it looks HOT !!! Sorry no digi cam, but I hate the glare from the sun when it bounces off at the right angle, CAN"T SEE S**T.........so get the aluminum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts