1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
A member had rustmasters on his bird and they rusted even while in AZ. Ya know they really earned that title of rustmasters

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rust in az? that's just.........scary,shows how much a 300$ exhaust :eek: lasts you,but mandrels it is lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
So if you scrub a pipe coming out of a driveway, something like that, then it exposes raw steel? And the rust gets a foothold from there?

I have some Walker aluminized steel components on my Vic and they seem to be holding up well. They're about three years old now and (fingers crossed) no rust so far. But they don't get hit on anything, the car exhaust rides fairly high.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Aside from my Flowmaster catback opinions on the sound (poor) and fit (looks tacky on the smaller rear bumper cover-cars, like the 95 and older non-SC's), I'll speak to the rust issue. Mine only lasted about 5 years, before it rusted at the y-pipe welds and the mid-to-y-pipe socket connection. Although I live in Iowa now, mine has never been driven in the snow. Moisture collects internally, too. The mufflers banged against my receiver hitch, as well.

If you want cheap and decent looking, with bolt-on ease (about 2 hours to install if you are slow), get the Dynomax kit. My first dyno kit also lasted about 5 years before the inlet piping to the mufflers rusted. Mellower (better) sound, and the muffler and tips look "correct", not cobbled together. If you've got the extra cash to burn, and you are ready to fight a possible broken exhaust manifold stud (been there, done that), get the mandrel bent kit.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Don't know where you guys have been shopping, maybe its just cause I live in a small town. But I could get a shop here in town to make a complete true dual set up from manifolds back for about 350.00. I'm considering having it done even though I already have a true dual set. His work is sooo much better than the place that hacked my current set up together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts