TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my car is wayyyyy to quiet. I have A Dynomaz Cat-back with a gutted third cat. I would like to get true duals but my dad won't let me. If had a y-pipe put in where the third cat was, and had two downtubes put in where the precats are would it be louder? I used to run no mufflers. But I just couldn't take that ricey sound anymore. If a ran no cats and the Dynomax ST's would it sound good? Oh and I would get a chip or MIIL eliminators if I did this Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would think you may get a little more sound, but I'm not positive. One thing you should consider is the torque loss you will get without cats. You need them for backpressure.

For question 2, yes, you will need MIL eliminators

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will I gain any high-end power?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I recently got the cats chopped off da bird, and its now very very loud. I have a true dual setup, no cats, no resonator, 2 40 series flow's in the stock position.
exhaust guy welded 2 bungs in the pipes for the o2's and no mil *yet* (crosses fingers to not get one)
high end power....dunno....I just like the noise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
you should get high end power, whatever you lose in torque from exhaust working, you usually get most of it back in high end, not sure, that's just word of thumb though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
The 3rd cat is not really a cat. It is a resonator . Scrap it. My old setup was the 2 cats coming from the engine y'ed into where the "3rd cat" used to be going back into a 2.5" pipe that y'ed off to the stock location with 2 12" glass packs. It sounded good and not too loud. I currently have true duals, no cats (inject tech flashed computer to take care of the mil's) running into 2 generic (made by flowmaster) Tennesse Turbo's. It sounds good, but does tend to pump the volume into the cockpit. i dont mind it but my wife hates it.
\/
l
l
/\
my attempt to draw out my old setup, sorry i dont have any pics of it the lowercase L's are supposed to be straight in line. when i posted they were kicked out to the side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts