TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you work at dealerships in the area or have bought cars in the area. I'm looking to buy a new mustang GT in the next year as my new job allows me more luxuries than working at market basket did :D

I'm thinking of bringing my T-bird in to a local dealership for some work to try to build a relationship with the dealer over the next year. BUT I'm looking for a dealer that won't void a new warranty over some trivial modifications (CAI, tune, exhaust). The bird was purchased at bonnel, but I don't have too much confidence in their service department.

Any recommendations? I know some dealerships will overlook these mods, but I also know some will void a warranty for any reason they can find. I'd rather not have to rip aftermarket parts off every time I need a warranty repair.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
there is a legal disclaimer somewhere that states warranty cannot be voided to aftermarket parts AS LONG AS IT WASN'T THOSE PARTS THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM....ex. cannot void warranty if you have a cai and your tranny blows...no relation whatsoever. find it and print it, save it, and you will be all set.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I googled and found the law you're referring to. That's a little reassuring after the horror stories I've heard.

·
Administrator
8,113 Posts
MarkF said:
What's Tasca? :confused:
Tasca Ford in RI. They were always involved in performance Fords going back to the 60s. I'm not really sure what they actually do now, call and find out! :)

Joe

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
from what i;'ve read on the internet, in this area tasca is best for modded cars and bonnell is not to bad. most other dealers dont want anything to do with aftermarket stuff. i personally use sentry ford in medford. the guys there are pretty cool and love my car. my car is to far modded to bring it in for any engine/drivetrain work. but i do bring it there for everything else with no issues. i even got a lincoln aviator to drive last time it was in for service.

Frank

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the recommendations!

I'll make some phone calls tomorrow. Tasca sounds interesting... the chick on their website sells it for me, but I don't need to be driving to RI.

I've heard of sentra, also. I'll probably give the place a drive-by to see how it looks. I might also consider going back to bonnell since they already know me fairly well there. "No problem found" gets old fast, though.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
MarkF said:
"No problem found" gets old fast, though.
thats why i stopped going there. seems like they dont want to fix anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts