TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Anyone have any pics of a 95 bird with 2 tone chrome to black gradient window tint? Anything similar? My car is black, and I'd like to get an idea of how it would look. MN tint laws are at a lame 50%, so I'm looking into other options......

·
8,239 Posts
i like how the oem lexus suv's have that coated glass, that looks really neat i think if you could get that exact look on a white tbird it would look nice.

Chrome tint is ghetto looking however.

·
Registered
490 Posts
How about a cat?
At the risk of getting flammed......click the link in my sig....:D

Btw....WI tint laws are 50% too. I've had my windows tinted like that for 3 years now and never been pulled over.(knocks on wood):D It's 20% where it's black and darker where it's silver.....yeah.. it's silver but it looks blue because it's reflecting the blue sky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric420 said:
How about a cat?

Btw....WI tint laws are 50% too. I've had my windows tinted like that for 3 years now and never been pulled over.(knocks on wood):D It's 20% where it's black and darker where it's silver.....yeah.. it's silver but it looks blue because it's reflecting the blue sky.
Hey, nice cat. So the opinions from other members are that this type of tint is "cheezy" and "ghetto". I suppose you can get away with it living in Packer country......:tongue: (just kidding)
Anyone else have anything similar? Or is the general consensus that it truly IS ghetto and cheezy?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
My opinion won't matter as I've never been a big fan of real dark Tint of any color. Call me old, but I've always been a fan of being able to see around me, particularly when its dark or cloudy.

I have 35% tint on my car, and its dark enough for me.

Interestingly as far as the law goes I've never had a policeman mention it. But I have noticed that when I had my "prairie tan" colored V6 97 T-bird, I never got a ticket. And I drove it for over 3 years.

Since getting the Royal Blue 97 LE one year ago with tint, dual exhaust, (and its lowered), I've recieved two tickets. I'm sure thats all coincidence though. :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yeah---- everyone can have an opinion and that's cool. Some probably think my Nite-shades is cheezy/ghetto and some love it...Everyone i meet/see digs it though.:D

I guess it's a matter of what you think you can get away with. For example i know i can get away with the tint but i don't dare remove my front plate.

IMO....20% is just right....any darker and there's
trouble seeing at night.

Eric

·
Registered
490 Posts
Silver_frog said:
Hey, nice cat. So the opinions from other members are that this type of tint is "cheezy" and "ghetto". I suppose you can get away with it living in Packer country......:tongue: (just kidding)
Anyone else have anything similar? Or is the general consensus that it truly IS ghetto and cheezy?
Thanks:) Yeah....i drive past Lambeau field going to and from work every day...not much of a Packer fan though. With regards to the tint.....you should do what you like.
The gradient tint DOES really catch the eye though....lots of people check you out driving down the road and i'm sure every cop checks me out too....

Eric

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Eric420 said:
Some probably think my Nite-shades is cheezy/ghetto and some love it...Everyone i meet/see digs it though.:D
Eric
Niteshades = awesome :D
As for the tint, I've thought about either 35% all the way around or 35% front/20% rear. I dunno though. We'll see when time comes to tint the windows.

With regards to the gradient tint, there are certain colors/cars that I think it looks okay on. One of the guys I live across the hall from has a late model gran prix with the black/red gradient (red car). It actually looks decent. But hey, it's your money and your car.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I think chrome is illegal in some areas. Our cops will slash it and make you rip it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Eric420 said:
How about a cat?

wi is 35% back windows 50% front dorrs windshield to the as1 line but ive never had anything lighter than 35% on any of my cars and usually its 5% still not bothered but know alot of people who were

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Oh, ya. You can paint over rear windows here.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
meh, i got 15 in the back three and 20 on the front, the law here is you can go as dark as you like in back but 35 is the limit for the front, although i have never been bothered by any law enforcement, here's a pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the input and pics, guys - there's a lot of nice birds out there.......:thumbsup: I'll post a pic once I decide on the tint and have it applied. ~Theresa

1 - 15 of 15 Posts