TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i came across some old mustang wheels, which i have had redrilled to the proper lug arrangment. 2 of the tires were in very good condition, and 2 werent. So i mounted 225 60 R16s and put them on back. From my memory those are the same diamter as stock 15's and 16's for a bird. Now the front wheels have 225 50 R 16s. Noticbly smaller in diameter. Now i put the smaller wheels on the front because i didn't want to have to screw with the speedo and all that, and it would just look wierd if i had them on back. But is there any problems with having a smaller diamter tire than stock on the front? I can't think of anything more than more wear at higher speeds?

Thanks
-Jon

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright cool, didn't think so, but it looks a little wierd because i still have the stock suspension, so it doesn't quite fill the wheel wells right

·
Registered
654 Posts
Sharp :zdevil: !!!!!

Tazer999 said:
225/50r16 front, 245/50r16 rear

no problems here

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
<---- 245/45/17 up front.. 255/50/17 in rear

·
Registered
965 Posts
If you have ABS, too much of a tire size variation can confuse the ABS sensors. Not sure how much you can get away with...........

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i haven't had any problems with it yet, but i've never had to really get on my brakes yet. I try not to get on them too much because they are so weak to begin with, so i don't want to have to replace rotors and everything again because i warped them.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Eric Z. said:
If you have ABS, too much of a tire size variation can confuse the ABS sensors. Not sure how much you can get away with...........

Coincidentally I was just asking a tire shop in Topeka about this last Friday. According to them you can have a +/- variance of 3% before the ABS gets thrown off.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
ive got 215/75/15 snowtires on the back and 205/60/15 all seasons on the front, looks friggin stupid, but the tires were free., im most likedly gonna mount some 195/65/15s off my moms benz on the stock fanwheels after i lower the car for ****s n giggles just to see what it looks like, im sure ill still prefer my kongi 17s (225/55s)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts