TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have to change the uppoer control arm 'cause the ball joint cover is wripped.........just wondering if you guys had any tips,.......it's on the driver side..... found a place that sells them w/ lifetime warranty on the ball joint for $49.99 :-D

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
94birdnj said:
have to change the uppoer control arm 'cause the ball joint cover is wripped.........just wondering if you guys had any tips,.......it's on the driver side..... found a place that sells them w/ lifetime warranty on the ball joint for $49.99 :-D
PLEASE devulge your connection. These cars eat ball joints like a 5 year old eats cookies. Sorry no tips, always had a suspension shop do them ($75 per side plus $25 labor per side)

·
Registered
244 Posts
too bad it wasn't your passenger side that needs doing. that is the easy one. the drivers side has the brake cylinder in the way. i can't offer much helpful adivise, when i did mine the rear nut was the PITA, slow and patience and it will slowly come.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool , passenger side seems plagued w/ the a/c compressor/tank thing........well we'll see what happens i guess......do i reuse the bolts?

·
Registered
244 Posts
i've never reused the bolts on much stuff like that. for their cost, although high, is cheaper than using a stressed out bolt and having somethign worse happen. i do not know if you need new ones to answer your question. sorry.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw the place that i'm buying them from is http://www.abcdiscountauto.com/index.htm i get a lot of my parts from them and most of the time they're omega cheap. everyone else wanted 70-105 for them. midas wanted to charge around 85 for the control arm and 200 for the ball joint. i laughed in their face and walked away. when i pick it up i'll find out how much it weighs and the dimensions just ot be curious and find out how much shipping will be. :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
upper ball joints

Just did my front end on my 93 lx 3.8. Upper, lower ball joints, strut rod links. Upper joints were a piece-of -cake, after I went to Sears and bought a 18MM combination wrench (open and box ends) and ground down part of the box end so it would fit between the a/c tank and the end of the bolt on the passenger side. If you do this, don't tighten the pivot bolts until the car is on the ground. Or you'll pre-load the rubber pivot joints, this is not good for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts