TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Ford thunderbird lx 4.6 v8
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you people may have seen my bird as of rn it’s only got proxy coated onto it me and my father don’t have a garage or anything really to do the paint job ourselves but a couple months back my grandmother decided to not pay attention and hit the corner of my car no damage just a mark but to me that mark defines the whole car doesn’t look the best in the front was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to remove or clear the spot up I know I’ll be needing another coat of the proxy soon some of it didn’t stick to good but as of rn just wanting to get rid of the white mark I’ve tried different things but nothing seems to work

Attachments

·
Registered
1996 Cougar 4.6
11 Posts
Did you try some polishing compound? Other than that maybe a quick wipe with some paint thinners?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
First question. What is proxy paint ??

Looks like flat black primer to me. But its a low quality picture also and I need glasses, so anyways ..

So, What did your grandmother hit ?

From the picture I think the paint chipped off in the body line ?? If its paint missing, you'll need to touch it up one way or another.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First question. What is proxy paint ??

Looks like flat black primer to me. But its a low quality picture also and I need glasses, so anyways ..

So, What did your grandmother hit ?

From the picture I think the paint chipped off in the body line ?? If its paint missing, you'll need to touch it up one way or another.
Yea it’s black primer it’s the drivers side front pumper the plastic part but yeah I’ll be having to put another coat of that primer here soon there’s places where it didn’t stick to well i don’t know if you can see it in this but drivers side

Did you try some polishing compound? Other than that maybe a quick wipe with some paint thinners?
Actually haven’t I’ll try that today! Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Yeah .. Do not use polishing compound or any thinner on your primer - it will only make it look worse. You just need to touch up the primer by spraying more. Primer is not "paint" .. 🤔

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah .. Do not use polishing compound or any thinner on your primer - it will only make it look worse. You just need to touch up the primer by spraying more. Primer is not "paint" .. 🤔
Yeah my father had sanded it all the way down his buddy had a garage so he put primer on it so it can be driven more because the way it looked before primer wasn’t good lol we’re trying to either find someone who does a good job with paint or a place we can do it ourself

·
Registered
1996 Cougar 4.6
11 Posts
If its spray can primer the polishing compound or thinners wont help. It will just wipe it off. If its P30 or similar you can safely wipe it with thinners to get rid of the white marks. But yea the proper repair is to re-spray it

·
Registered
97 Ford Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6L V8
6 Posts
I use a Magic Eraser to take scuff marks off my vehicles, took all the scuff marks off ThunderStang's front bumper in a few minutes. Just dip it in water with dish soap to keep wet and go at it. Works great on paint, not sure how it will on your primer.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
You are probably going to need to sand all that primer off for the paint job - and coat with a good epoxy primer.

Al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts