TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.

I've got a whirlpool electric washer.

We just put a transmission in it last year, its been working fine since.

Now its got a odd problem.

It will vibrate like crazy like its way out of balance only on the spin cycle.

On the wash cycle its fine.

I have this thing dead level. I set it with a level, and have a couple shims under it to make sure its 100 percent flush to the ground.

I can't move it side to side, and its 100 percent level.

This thing is shaking so bad, it seems like something inside the washer if off balance.

Anybody know whats up?

Thanks,
Justin

·
It is nice
885 Posts
there is a piece on the bottom where it spins that is probably loose hold ill look up the part.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Justin,

I know on other machines I have taken apart there are 3 or four springs that help hold the base of the drum when it's on spin. If one of heose springs breaks then the tension is uneven and can cause what you are experiencing. Don't know if that's your issue or not but it's something to look at

·
It is nice
885 Posts
more than likely though you are overloading it does it do it all the time?

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
91CougarLS said:
more than likely though you are overloading it does it do it all the time?

Nah its not overloaded, i'm super anal about telling my girlfriend "only halfway full".

When i tested it, I only had a couple pairs of jeans and a sweater in there.

Not even half way full.

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
timb said:
Justin,

I know on other machines I have taken apart there are 3 or four springs that help hold the base of the drum when it's on spin. If one of heose springs breaks then the tension is uneven and can cause what you are experiencing. Don't know if that's your issue or not but it's something to look at

thanks i'll take a look at that.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
check "repairclinic.com" it will show you your models specific parts. That should help you to look at what part might be worn such as transmission coupling, etc... They have some good info and prices there I've bought from them b4.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Whirlpool's (believe it or not) seem to work better when they're tilted slightly rearward (about 3 % ). Pop the top of the washer and raise it (there is a clip on each front side about an inch or so from the side). Slide a flat head in from the front to press the clip rearward to release the lid. You will see a white porcelin ring (top) that covers the outer edge of the tub. At the left rear is a rubber snubber that is held in place with a "V" rod. The pupose of this snubber is to hold the tub in position (mostly). The rod and snubber holds a downward pressure on the ring. That snubber and the surface under it will get contaminaited with detergant and goo. Usually, you should be able to grab the rod, raise it a bit and remove the snubber. It is only held in place with pressure. Clean both surfaces (the snubber and ring)and try it. This is assuming :rolleyes: that Whirlpool/Kenmore washers are still built the same as when I was serviceing them. Also, some models used a cable and pulley suspension system. The pulleys are plastic and usually broke. Look for that as well. I hope this helps. Of course, I haven't serviced anything for some time (many years), so I'm sure there have been many design changes. Good luck!

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it fixed guys.

It turned out to be a combination of two things.

The major thing for it vibrating so hard was that one of the little brown plastic half circle pieces that holds the vibration bracket on had fallen out of the machine, and was laying on the floor.

So the vibration bracket was flopping all over the place.

I just snapped the plastic connector back on.

The other thing was the back door was banging like crazy against the side panel.

I wedged a piece of carboard in there.

Its ghetto but it works great, sounds a little louder than most still, but doesn't shake so bad.

If I put a load of ebay boxes on top of the machine its quiet as heck.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
did u try duct tape??? lmao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts