TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about upgrading the exhaust on my 95 3.8 T-bird. You know a free flowing cat back or something to that effect. I was just wondering if I do this will it sound silly? If it's going to sound like the tiny V6 it is then forget it. I'm kinda spoiled by the sounds my cammed 88 5.0 T-bird makes ;) I like to hear the motor and the 95 is too quiet lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
it will never sound like a v8. i have deleted cats/resonator and dual 40 series flows on a y pipe. sounds decent until 3k rpms...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i got a midmount magnaflow di/so with high flow cats and it sounds decent but the drone may get to you. dont get me wrong, i like the WOT take offs, its not a ricey sound but it is very easy to make a 3.8 sound bad.

im planning on putting some kind of cherry bombs or dynomax bullets out the back to hopefully get rid of some drone.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
remove...V6

Install...V8:D
I already have a V8 T-bird;)

It's a DD so I don't really want to, ya know, swap in a 351 or something lol.
I guess I'll stick with the stock exhaust for now if it's going to sound funny if I mod it. Oh well everything can't sound good....

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
I hear the best thing is to put on some spark plugs from a v8, that way it will sound more authentic.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Any way to make the 3.8 sound good?

no. but you could sure try. I know when i put a single flowmaster on my 83 3.8 LTD it sounded like CRAP. But i was lucky because i got the delta force model.

·
Administrator
8,244 Posts
Moved to Exhaust Forum.

Joe

·
Registered
316 Posts
i liked my exhaust for awhile. no resonator and 2 cats, and two magnaflow mufflers.

then i had custom catless dowtubes put in , and without a res it sounded ricey..

im planning on puttin th cats back in, and getting new magnaflows, and a nice long resonator.

quick vid of the car without cats...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CU6rebCUb14

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I'll try a cat back when I get a chance. I'm not pulling the resinator out as from what you guys said it will sound like poo:rolleyes: As long as it doesn't have that lawn mower sound..........

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I hear the best thing is to put on some spark plugs from a v8, that way it will sound more authentic.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
yeah good luck with that one!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts