TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, i'm wanting some dyno results for bigger MAFS, and performance chip mods. prefer 94-95 4.6l. thanks guys -matt-

·
Registered
529 Posts
Dyno number increase are negligible. The only increases basically come from the increased timing (premium fuel) with a chip. What a dyno DOESN'T show however, is drivability. The throttle response and overall drivability will skyrocket with a chip/MAF. Ask anyone who's done it.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
with just a chip on a totally stock car, you should see about 8rwhp, probably abit more. Depends on how your car is running and how well it matches their program. Only a custom dyno tune will give you the "perfect" tune.

You will get almost no gain from the MAF, think of it like getting a bigger fuel pump. You gain no power (unless you've already been going over it's limits) but is a nessessary mod to go faster.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
I might be getting a couple pulls on our dyno on the 25th. I'm gonna try putting in my reflashed EEC / 85mm MAF / 2 step colder plugs / 180* T-stat in and see the difference.

My only worry is that my transmission problems will screw up the dyno results ... but we shall see.

PM me by the 27th if I don't start a thread about it ...

Oh, and sorry ... it'll be a '96. :tongue:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts