TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my god, xbox 360's Customer Service is terrible. I can't understand half of what they are saying in the first place, then when I can I have to repeat what I said 5 different times. On top of all that, they are asking me questions about my 360 when it's unplugged and dead.

So, anybody else ever experienced the "three rings of death"? I've had mine since my 16th Bday and it just now messed up. Now I gotta send it in... :mad:

·
Registered
741 Posts
So, anybody else ever experienced the "three rings of death"? I've had mine since my 16th Bday and it just now messed up. Now I gotta send it in... :mad:
My friend had the RROD once, before it was a common (or at least publicized) problem. He called up Microsoft, they sent him a box, he sent the 360 back and had a new one back within a week. Plus they gave him free XBL membership for a month or two.

About a year later, the same thing ended up happening to his new 360. He sent it back to them, they sent him another one.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They said they would "repair" it. I'm like forget that, just send me a new one! lol.

Yeah I've known about these problems for a while. Luckily mine lasted for two years. That sounds so lame when I have a Super Nintendo and N64 right next to it that work like the day I got them.

·
Registered
741 Posts
They said they would "repair" it. I'm like forget that, just send me a new one! lol.

Yeah I've known about these problems for a while. Luckily mine lasted for two years. That sounds so lame when I have a Super Nintendo and N64 right next to it that work like the day I got them.
They didn't repair either of his, the first one they sent him was a new 360, the second one they sent him was a refurbished one.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope they just send me a new one. Refurbished basically means "1 month 360"

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Mine died, I took it apart and removed the crappy X clamps holding on the heatsinks, cleaned off what little heat paste there was (the CPU was maybe 1/4 covered) put on some arctic silver and bolted the heatsinks on through the bottom of the board.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would do open heart surgery too, but it breaks any warranty on it..Plus I have my friend's 360 just in case I wanna play.

I called them twice today. Once at 8am, they said "call back in an hour, we are updating our systems." I call back and have to do it all over again because the guy got my number wrong, and after all of it again he said "oh we are still updating our system, call back tomorrow."

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

·
Registered
381 Posts
my one friend is on 360 #4. My other friend is on 360 #2.

Thats crazy. They should not be dieing.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
The QC on rev1 just blows, I've heard of rev2 failing as well (the ones with the additional heatsink for the GPU), rev3 is supposed to be a cooler die so who knows if that one will have the same failure rate.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the first one, I'm surprised it lasted this long. I just wish they'd make the system reliable. There was a point in time where I actually had to baby my system. :\

Well actually I didn't baby it, I just had to punch the side to get the disc tray to open. hahahaha

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah, it's strange, my friend has had a 360 since launch and another friend has had one relatively early on and neither of them has had any problems.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have the first one, I'm surprised it lasted this long. I just wish they'd make the system reliable. There was a point in time where I actually had to baby my system. :\

Well actually I didn't baby it, I just had to punch the side to get the disc tray to open. hahahaha
Lol, i'm glad you added that last part

If you punch your xbox in the side, and call that babying, i would hate to see abusive, :tongue:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Was that for me?
Yah, that place delves into the technical part of the failures not the "ZOMG I CANT HAZ 360" on the Live forums.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm still debating whether or not to buy a 360 - my roommate has a PS3, which essentially means I have one, at least for the next year. Maybe after I graduate, I'll buy a PS3, but what's mostly stopping me from picking up a 360 is the fact that the RROD seems so common.

·
Registered
513 Posts
When this happened to me I sent mine in and a couple weeks later got a different xbox back which was made in another country, so now i cant play dvds. Their customer service really sucks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hm, you know, before I read this thread, the number of people I know with 360s...

who had problems: 1
who had no problems: 2

Now it's gone to 4:2, 6:2 if I count alaisch's two friends.

I think I'll have to pass on the 360.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts