TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through my grandfather's old .22LR ammo and found this:

Anyone know what kind of cartride it is or what purpose it serves (varmit, target, frangible, etc.)?

·
Registered
890 Posts
it's bird shot, like a small shotgun shell for the .22.

A lot of people say it is bad for the gun, but if you would clean it after using it, I don't think it would do any lasting damage.

Use it for shooting birds (no not T-birds)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Its just basically a .22 shotshell. Pretty much useless. Stuff wont even break a glass bottle at any distance, yes I hit it lol. Good for taking out small pests though.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
Sounds like this thing is about as useful as a .22 Short. lol Interesting looking cartridge though.
lol, I was using a .22 short to shoot squirrels out of my grandpa's pear trees. I had to use the shorts because his neighbors complain about the noise. Those stupid bullets drop about a foot over 50 yards or so. Worthless.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i saw some of those at the ace hardware store yesterday, they are used in the concrete nail hammer, i guess that's what it's called.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
chorizon said:
i saw some of those at the ace hardware store yesterday, they are used in the concrete nail hammer, i guess that's what it's called.
\

Ramset. I got one of them, way fun to use. I used one once in a parking garage to hang conduit. Man the people runnin when they heard that thing go off, made the job very much entertaining, lol. Jim

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
chorizon said:
That's not the same as birdshot for a .22LR. Think of this as a .22 caliber shotgun.

The things used to drive nails are quite different.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
looked exactly the same to me, i have a whole bunch of the .22 lr shotshells, and they look nothing like these. here is what my shotshells look like.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Looks more like a .22LR blank to me.
That was my first guess.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
250 yard range? With a 22 ya right.

·
Who is John Galt?