TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let those who play CS know. That i just set up a very nice CS server. It just finished its burn in test. And has been up and running problem free for 2 days now. It is a completly dedicated server. And is only under a 25% bandwith load with 24 players on. So it has plenty of bandwith to keep everyone happy. So far anyone with broadband has around a 30ms to 55ms ping. So it should turn out hopefully to be a solid server. I also started a clan recently. Thats actually why i put the server up. So if any of you are interested in joining a clan just let me know. We are currently looking for a few good men to join us. And no you dont have to be a pro to join lol, its all in good fun. So feel free to try the server out and call it home. And PM or IM me on AOL/AIM if your up for any late night CS. Enjoy

Server IP - 66.30.217.250:27015 :usa:
Server Name - -HaX- Battlegrounds
My AIM - HaXHaX1424

Sincerely,
Rob "CRASH" Repucci:thumbsup:

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I used to play CS religiously, but I've yet to find a server that this damn school's mainframe will allow me to play on. As soon as it detects the game activity it throttles back my bandwidth to around a 3-5second ping.

I'll give it a try when i get the chance.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bf1942 got boring once it wasnt beta anymore, your hard pressed to see teamplay on a public server. Btw i could beat some of the dev's in beta :p And then my mouse broke and i had to use an 8 year old ball mouse ugh that sucked.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I played CS last year, and my grades showed it :leftright

I was a master with the Sig though. :tongue:

·
Registered
575 Posts
hey rr,
if you are looking for players, or competition, there is a great community out there. i'm a mamber of www.hel-guild.com. sorry though, i dont play CS, i play BHD, and my guys are good, we will compete with all but the most elit esquads....anyway, start at www.teamwarfare.com, get your clan on the ladders and start getting to know people.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow i am kinda surprised how many people play CS. Feel free to use the server guys. But i am having a real hard time installing maps. Could somebody please help me figure this out. I know how to do it on cs 1.5. But i am trying to install maps on the steam 1.6 version. Which i am currently using to run the server. I really want to install fy_iceworld and a few other up close shooter maps. I am also using XP as an OS. I tried installing it in the maps folder of cstrike in steam. But the maps folder is missing. Its gotta be there someplace lol. I also installed the new steam 1.6 over the original retail version of CS 1.5. And when i try to install the maps it puts them into the 1.5 cstrike maps folder. And they dont show up in the 1.6 steam version for dedicated server. Somebody has to know how to do this. I looked online everywhere and cant find anything specific. Someone please help me with this im going crazy.:2huh: :leftright
Thanks Guys,
Rob Repucci:thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Right now I need to get a hold of a CD Key of my own to play, but I've been playin on the ScoutzKnivez server a lot recently at a friends' house.

Wtf with riot shields!? Heh.

Anyone have the Wallmart map?

Unfortunately I'm a 56ker here.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Fenrir51 said:
I played the walmart map with some friends bu the vehicles in halflife were just too buggy to be alot of fun.
Even so, those little go karts are hilarious fun! And then they have the Mega Man X4 music in one of the Wallmart rooms. I also like the Mustang Police Interceptors, nice touch.

·
Registered
319 Posts
WOW ive played cs for over 3 years now, on and off lately becuase of all the cheating but ill have to stop by. If you need any help with pretty much anything I know some of my old clan members know more than enough to help out.

Tony8479 AIM

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Rob Repucci said:
Wow i am kinda surprised how many people play CS. Feel free to use the server guys. But i am having a real hard time installing maps. Could somebody please help me figure this out. I know how to do it on cs 1.5. But i am trying to install maps on the steam 1.6 version. Which i am currently using to run the server. I really want to install fy_iceworld and a few other up close shooter maps. I am also using XP as an OS. I tried installing it in the maps folder of cstrike in steam. But the maps folder is missing. Its gotta be there someplace lol. I also installed the new steam 1.6 over the original retail version of CS 1.5. And when i try to install the maps it puts them into the 1.5 cstrike maps folder. And they dont show up in the 1.6 steam version for dedicated server. Somebody has to know how to do this. I looked online everywhere and cant find anything specific. Someone please help me with this im going crazy.:2huh: :leftright
Thanks Guys,
Rob Repucci:thumbsup:

VIVA CS...! I like playing it alot.. I used to have a server, but it had problems so we had to cancelled it... About the map, looks liek you got it all messed up... It make sue it is on the right folder were you put the map extension and all of the other fils rquired to do it.. If you still have problems, my best suggstion is to look for CS forums were they can help you a little bit more.... Good luck and I hope to see you there.... ;-)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi guys,

My CS Server is up and running and all set now. Thanks for the help guys. I finnaly got the maps installed and working. And i just got the website going as well. I hope to see you guys on the server playing sometime. I need to populate that thing. So come check us out http://home.comcast.net/~haxclan/index.html . If anyone is up for playing let me know im up all night lol. Take Care and enjoy the server.

Sincerely,
Rob "CRASH" Repucci:thumbsup:

P.S - Sorry if theres any mistakes on the site. I havnt slept in 2 days lol.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry to double post but i wanted to mention. Its a STEAM 1.6 Server so you need 1.6 to use it. Im sure you guys already knew that but just double checking. And if you guys are using STEAM what are your names. So we can all hook up sometime for a game or two. We can put each other on our STEAM buddy list and hook up. Ill be playing probably 4am tonight so say hello.

My STEAM Name - AmericanPower45:thumbsup:

·
Registered
319 Posts
W00t! Rob has a great server, I only pinged 60 on it. Pretty good in my opinion, and if you don't like it, then I'll kick your @ss in his server. BRING IT!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts