TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Let me start out by saying this first....

I was a member of this board before I sold my 91tbird (3.8l base), And I love the changes to the site. WHEN I go and get another t-bird I will be back on a regular basis to help others learn and to learn my self once again. (might be a 5.0, might be a SC but I am never gonna buy another slow base model again. It was a very dependable car and I liked it but it was WAY too slow. Not that my wagon is much better though)

But onto the important topic....

There is gonna be one hell of a big race going down here in Georgia (commerce) on November the 9th and I am not gonna miss it for the world.

It originally started out as a MarkVIII vs ImpalaSS thing but I figured sense yall fall into the catagory of folks we are looking for I thought I would go ahead an let you know.

I am gonna give yall some links to useful info....

This is the general info.
http://www.sshs2.com/

This is where you go if you wanna post a question, and since I am not one of the people coordinating the event I would suggest to go here if you intend to come and make sure you will be able to run the M12.
http://www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000384

The reason why I thought of inviting the M12s is cause we are about the same weight class, we both have v8s and we are both rearwheel drive. + whole the chevy vs ford thing:D

----------------------------------------------------

Let me know what yall think, and if you do wanna come make sure to email somebody running the event. The links should take you strait to em.

[email protected]

Hope too see yall there.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Lets see who can race this thread to the events forum the fastest. :D

·
Registered
935 Posts
Sounds like fun

Hey man I like this Ford vs. Chevy idea. Sounds like fun! I love the Impala SS body for those years, guy at my work has one and even tho I'm ford threw I must say that body style is killer. I love the fact that it's like 90 feet long like the birds. and the 16x8 I think it is really give me this manly power feeling.

Don't think I'll be attending for I have the 90 3.8 Base as you mentioned you have. I'd really hate to make the Ford product look like a piece.

Good luck in your promotion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for posting this in the wrong section I just wanted to make sure everyone and anyone that wants to attend gets to see it.

Thanks for the completments on the wagon, it is definatly a work in progress.

Pass the word I wanna see if anybody wants to represent the m12s. I know for a fact that there will be some mark VII and Mark VIIIs attending. Some of the ones last year got down into the 11s:eek:

Pass the word.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
There's some of us from NC/SC planning on attending, as well as some other MN12'ers

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Just like the old days when.....

It was Mustangs against Grand Nationals up in New Jersey.Of course I had a Mustang but I got my butt whooped by a few GNs.I was running 11.2s but those turbo 6s haul butt when done right.
I read about this challenge a few months ago on the Lincolns Of Distinctions web site.I would love to go see that but I have all of Nov off so I am putting a 5-speed in my 96.Then nitrous or a Kenne Bell.
Hope you all have fun and good luck if you race.
Chris

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts