TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Most insurance company's say that all Tbirds are SVT's

SO how are they pulling a fast one? And they are just parting it out, The winner gets whatever is left.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huh, say what?
When did that happen that they were refered to as 'svt' by the insurance industry?
The svt birds were never produced for consumer consumption. Although a few of the 7 made managed to escape the scrap heap, those few cars did not cause all thunderbirds to be labeled as 'SVT Tutelaged Vehicles'.

If Ford had continued the thunderbird into 1998 then we might have seen them but because they didn't then it isn't.

I don't mean to grouse, but accuracy counts especially when selling something.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
Most insurance company's say that all Tbirds are SVT's

SO how are they pulling a fast one? And they are just parting it out, The winner gets whatever is left.

my insurance company does not list my car as an SVT, nothing on the card, nothing in the computer, i even asked and they showed me. I have Allstate, BTW.

joseph

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
you guys are all wrong. there really were SVT birds. i saw one with my own three eyes.

i was only joking. i only have two eyes.

why would you take pictures of a black car at night to sell it?...hmmm can we saw dents and scratches galore?

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
hmmm can we saw dents and scratches galore?
Bingo... there's something unsettling about that half-missing bumper, too.

I also like,

"COMPUTER CONTROLLED CLIMATE CONTROL"!!!

Woo!!!! WOW!!! Computer!!!

:D

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
that guy is a member of this site. I believe he bought another t-bird and his parents sued that one, then it was backed into by someone.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
and anyway, that rear tire seems to not be straight.. like its bent inwards toward the back. so possibly new control arms, halfshaft, bushings, and sway bar might be needed... -greg

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You guys are missing the whole point.

ITS A PARTS CAR!!!

So you are buying a car to part out. So do you really think its gonna be in prefect condition?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
just because it's a parts car doesn't mean it can't be restored. Could be a fun project.
-Thomas

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Aaron K. said:
My insurance co has my car listed as an SVT.
hmmm, are you gettin screwed over on premiums or anything, or is your insurance company just filled with morons?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
92CougLS said:

hmmm, are you gettin screwed over on premiums or anything, or is your insurance company just filled with morons?
I think quite a few ppl here have their birds listed as SVT's thru their insurance company's if my memory serves me. I dunno, there was a thread on it a while back...

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
92CougLS said:

The insurance company I was with before my current one (GMAC) had the car listed as an LX and they wanted about $1700 for 6 months of full coverage. I have one speeding ticket on my record from about 2 years ago. I had their plan for about a year and a half and the rate was going up $300-400 every 6 months, so when they wanted $1700, I got rid of 'em asap. The company Im with now lists the car as an ""LX/SVT" (maybe because its a sport?) and a FULL YEAR with the same coverage and deductables is about $2200. Id say I was getting screwed over...now Im just getting ripped off :D

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
all tbirds show up as "Thunderbird LX Sport" except for my "Supercoupe Sport" at Illinois Farmers. And State farm where my wifes car was Mine came up as LX SVT.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
$2,200!:zraped:holy sh** !! i didnt even paythat after i had a suspended lic!(dontask) anyhow my 90 i was only paying 400 every six with a 500 buck deduct.thats when i was 21-22 yo. now im 26 soon to be 27 and with the three i have now i pay 800 a year for the truck, 400 for the regal and 20 for the 64 galaxie for storage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts