TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really enjoying the season so far. Some of the stunts they are doing are the same ones I talked about friends when I hang out. The Mini-Van mountain climb and last week's crap shaker special was must see TV. That Yugo Tanner was modifying was awesome!

I wish they would do an extra task or do more with the Stig instead of the "Small star, Small Car" and Tanner's "Watch me drive an exotic around a road course". I just fast forward through those parts (gotta love the DVR).

What do you think? :D

·
Registered
652 Posts
American top gear....eewwww. Hate the show. Only thing good is seeing American cars being used in the stunts.

You cant beat the orginal Top Gear!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
I think it's blatant plagarism with rehashed but watered down segments that aired in the UK 5 years ago hosted by a drifter, a crappy comedian and some self proclaimed redneck whose biggest qualifications to host the show were that they could be paid cheap enough by the history channel to justify the expense of cloning the original concept of a successful show sans British accents and humor.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, UK Top Gear is good, but American Top Gear isn't bad!

·
̇
3,702 Posts
CometGSR said:
What do you think? :D
Jeremy Clarkson said it best:
Jeremy Clarkson said:
The American version has been "canned"..."focus groups"... just don't understand a single word we're on about. They just don't get it really..

IMHO Top Gear America is just a marketing scheme..They are just trying to make bank on the Top Gear name..

There's nothing "Original" about Top Gear America..

The part where producers of Top Gear messed up was...They thought..Wow!.."Look at all these Americans watching Top Gear UK"..

"I bet we could make a killing making a Top Gear America"... :gapteeth:

What the producers failed to realize was..A lot of us viewers don't just watch it for the cars..

I'm crossing my fingers this is Top Gear America's last season..
:skull:

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you take all of the UK comparisons away, is it an ok show? I can think of worse things to watch on TV.

Tough crowd!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I don't mind Adam however I can't stand the other two... UK though is pure gold.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
The US version will never be what the UK version is. But nevertheless, it's not THAT bad, and I think it will get better as the hosts build their own "chemistry" that the UK hosts do, that, and maybe a little less scripting dialogue. At any rate, it's better than "The Car Show" disaster that Speed Channel put on.

NOW, what I wanna see is one of the competition shows the UK has done, with the Germans and Aussie's.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Oh snap! I have never seen that 4r3. Did some looking and it has a 2.8l diesel wow, what a piece! At first glance I did think it was a rebadged Ford.

On topic though, I think the UK show is better. I only watched the first 3 episodes and the coolest part of the show, in my opinion, are the crazy challenges they do with older cars. I seem to remember a moonshine run or something like that. I would totally watch it if I didnt have other stuff to do.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Eh the UK top gear is ok but I get tired of those racist comments they make. I can appreciate a few but once they start going into politics about it, it will rub me the wrong way pretty quick. OTHER than THAT I like it.

As for the American top gear I like the stunts they do and the cars they drive but they did a horrible job on picking the three guys, they're annoying as crap. Especially the fat one with the highlighted spiked hair? :facepalm:...... But I mean I'm sure it was hard to find three guys that wanted to copy the original top gear.. They should have just called it 6th gear or something stupid thrown out 'the stig' and it would have been a lot better.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Eh the UK top gear is ok but I get tired of those racist comments they make. I can appreciate a few but once they start going into politics about it, it will rub me the wrong way pretty quick. OTHER than THAT I like it.

As for the American top gear I like the stunts they do and the cars they drive but they did a horrible job on picking the three guys, they're annoying as crap. Especially the fat one with the highlighted spiked hair? :facepalm:...... But I mean I'm sure it was hard to find three guys that wanted to copy the original top gear.. They should have just called it 6th gear or something stupid thrown out 'the stig' and it would have been a lot better.
Dude, the guy with the glasses? There is a dude that lives on his sailboat here in town that is just like that guy! He is so weird, too. Nice enough, just a strange egg....

This guy:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I guess I will go back to watching House Hunters and Dancing With The Stars. LOL

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
While we are naming favorites...Southpark, Portlandia, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are my favorites :) I dont watch alot of TV other than that!

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Doctor Who anyone? :D

Don't really watch TV anymore...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts