TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a gold 94 being parted out not too far from me. questions:

other than the hood, headlights, and front bumper, what is needed to complete this swap?

do i need the 94 metal bumper reinforcement and the black plastic waffle thing?

do i need the 94 hood latch?

do i need to redo wiring for the different headlights?

will my stock fog lights fit in the 94 lower corner openings on the bumper, and will they line up with the openings that are on my stock bumper?

89-93 and 94-95 header panels are the same, right?

finally, did 94 and up mn12s come with mocha frost (paint code DD) exteriors?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i would like to do the swap, but try to take notes because i'll be doing it eventually, thanks in advance....:D

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
chorizon said:
i would like to do the swap, but try to take notes because i'll be doing it eventually, thanks in advance....:D
Yeah just cause you're a n0b who can't do something for himself, you gotta mooch offa someone else's notes... tsk tsk, what were you doing in auto shop young man?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Falcon5783 said:

Yeah just cause you're a n0b who can't do something for himself, you gotta mooch offa someone else's notes... tsk tsk, what were you doing in auto shop young man?
building engines....:) automotive technology and auto body are different classes.....:D

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
chorizon said:
building engines....:) automotive technology and auto body are different classes.....:D
And you're STILL a n0b, so what's that say? :ztoohot: :tongue:

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
big mike said:
i found a gold 94 being parted out not too far from me. questions:

other than the hood, headlights, and front bumper, what is needed to complete this swap?

do i need the 94 metal bumper reinforcement and the black plastic waffle thing?

do i need the 94 hood latch?

do i need to redo wiring for the different headlights?

will my stock fog lights fit in the 94 lower corner openings on the bumper, and will they line up with the openings that are on my stock bumper?

89-93 and 94-95 header panels are the same, right?

finally, did 94 and up mn12s come with mocha frost (paint code DD) exteriors?
You'll probably need the "waffle" thing which is the headlight panel.
Probably gonna need the hood latch, the hoods/lights/bumpers changed.
Wiring... I think so because the 94+ have 9007 bulbs (low and high in one bulb).
Stock fog lights should fit, if not I'm sure you can find harnesses to mount em.
Not sure about the header panel (see first line), I personally thought they were different but I could very well be wrong (sorry, I know that doesn't help)

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Falcon5783 said:

And you're STILL a n0b, so what's that say? :ztoohot: :tongue:
that i can build engines by myself, but i need somebody to hold my hand for the body work.....:D

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Falcon5783 said:

You'll probably need the "waffle" thing which is the headlight panel.
Probably gonna need the hood latch, the hoods/lights/bumpers changed.
Wiring... I think so because the 94+ have 9007 bulbs (low and high in one bulb).
Stock fog lights should fit, if not I'm sure you can find harnesses to mount em.
Not sure about the header panel (see first line), I personally thought they were different but I could very well be wrong (sorry, I know that doesn't help)
the "waffle" is the bumper reinforcement....:)

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it turns out the hood on that parts car is gone, so i wont be doing this swap. i think the gold on the 94 is a different shade compared to mine, also.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Fiberglass Hood :uppoint:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts