TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some spacers or something i can get to fix this. I was told they would work stock but i quess not.

Ice

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
No problems here....

I have 17x9s with 275/40s in the back and 245/45s in the front and have no problems.I had them on my 93 Lincoln Mark VIII and they seem to fit better on my 96 T-Bird then the Mark.
Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If i through some washers in there they will work for wheel spacers for now right?
Yeah i need to fix it because it seems like im always turning sharp

·
Registered
104 Posts
My front 17x9's rubbed as well with sharp turns. The wheel shop where I bought them was able to put some thin spacers on and fix the problem. I'm sure most any wheel shop would be able to help you out.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Mis read the problem.....

Sorry but mis read what was wrong.If you have a Pep-Boys or some place like around they have spacers that will work.I wouldnt go more more then 3/8 of an inch though.
Good Luck,
Chris

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
You don't even need 3/8" spacers...Go smaller. I used thin spacers on my black R's when I had em. I'm thinkin about having machine shop mass produce them just so people don't have this problem....Would anyone want a set...I have hub rings as well, but those would be more to machine....Mine are billett pieces.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Some nice 5/16 spacers made for only 5 lug, 4 1/4 spacing would be nice. I hate those one size fits all pieces of crap.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
you can get an "ET Style" lug which has a collar on it that will actually go into the hole on the wheel for the studs. they also keep the wheel, hub centric, which makes them hang up somtimes getting them on. this will give you another 1/4" of threads. so then with a 5/16" spacer you will only lose 1/16"

·
Registered
244 Posts
Todd, ya i would like a set. i am sick of rubbing. its embarassing. when can you have them done by?

·
1,787 Posts
I dunno...let me check with the shop. I'll drop off a set next week and ask them to make me a couple sets. Then I'll sell them for my cost plus shipping. I'll let ya know.
If it works out ok...maybe I can leave them a set for templates and you guys can call for sets...we'll see.

·
Registered
244 Posts
thank ya much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What are you guys talking about........

i thought they are made for our cars,
did you put on to wide tires ?
i just ordered them they said no problrms what so ever>>>>

·
1,787 Posts
The 17x9's are not made for our cars. They are made for the fox body Mustang offset, 5 lug with the T-bird pattern drilled out instead of the Mustang pattern. If you have an early model MN12 the wheels will not rub due to differences in the front suspension. That may be why you have no problems. Later models will rub on full turn.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a question about this. Will the rim actually rub or is it the tire? Curious cause I was wanting to order a set here soon.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i think my wheel is rubbing, not the tire. its only at almost full turn going backwards. it makes a grinding noise, if it were the tire, i don't thik it would make that noise. anyway, a small spacer will fix it, or you can grind away some on the spindle. i think when i get new ones, i'll go with 8's up front.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I got some 5/16 spacers and they work great, I should be able to put wider tires on the front then Im trying some 255s up there with the spacers, sorry I didnt post sooner but I dont get here too much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts