TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,165 Posts
I'm assuming you mean a long distance runner? I used to do everything from 5K's to Triathlons. Trying to get back in shape now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,806 Posts
Yeah took a year off was pretty good in high school now trying to get back into shape. It's hard finding time right now with school and such, guess 1.59 half miles are a thing of the past :(

-Miller
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I could have said something about myself, and any type of runner.I have been a runner my whole life. Started in 5th grade and was on the Varsity Cross Country and Track team by 8th grade. Took the past 2 years off but have just got back into it, actually ran a 21:13 5k this weekend after only 2 weeks of running. Whats you PR's at which distance(s)??

800--2:03
1600--5:08
3200--11:27
5k (cross country corse)--18:53
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,806 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
I guess I could have said something about myself, and any type of runner.I have been a runner my whole life. Started in 5th grade and was on the Varsity Cross Country and Track team by 8th grade. Took the past 2 years off but have just got back into it, actually ran a 21:13 5k this weekend after only 2 weeks of running. Whats you PR's at which distance(s)??

800--2:03
1600--5:08
3200--11:27
5k (cross country corse)--18:53
Yeah I ran 5k this weekend too 20:54 (still drunk at beginning of race ;) )
800--1.59
1600--4:51 (Sophmore year never ran it fresh after that)
3200--10:57 (Also sophmore year and I think the only time I ever ran it)
5k (cross country)--16:38

-Miller
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
I'm a fitness skater (rollerblades). I've only been pulling 5 minute miles, so I need to beef it up a bit...too bad the weather sucks butt around here lately. Didn't like running, too hard on the knees for me.

Wiz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,758 Posts
You guys are some sick bastards.... :beek: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Those of us that are "height impaired" usually don't get into long distance running.... because it is farther for us to run. :rofl: :rofl:

When I was in college I tried to run with a buddy of mine… he was 6’2” and every two running strides he would take, it would take me at least three. :beek:

Now sprinting and maneuverability, that’s another story. On a tennis court, I’m like a dragster. Very quick in the short distance, but any long distance and I die!!! :D

We have a brain so we are smart enough to build cars so we don’t have to run. :rofl: :thumbsup:
 

·
Resident redneck
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
i used to run. i was slow.
800 - 3:01
1600 - 6:58
3200 - 16:44
5K - little over a half hour.
all that was in 7th/8th grade, havent run since. but i need to start again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,165 Posts
LOL Its been so long ago I've forgotten my times. I do know its been long enough that my times would have been measured as a Mile time, 2 mile times, half mile time and quarter mile time.

More recently I ran 21:00 5K's and 45:00 10K's. (Well more recently like 10 years ago).

You 21 year olds that are talking about how "hard it is to get back in shape" have NO idea how hard it is to "get back in shape" :D Try it when you are twice as old. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,758 Posts
Traveler said:
You 21 year olds that are talking about how "hard it is to get back in shape" have NO idea how hard it is to "get back in shape" :D Try it when you are twice as old. LOL
Hey, "round" is a shape.... :rofl: :rofl:

Therefore I am in shape.... :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Traveler said:
LOL Its been so long ago I've forgotten my times. I do know its been long enough that my times would have been measured as a Mile time, 2 mile times, half mile time and quarter mile time.

More recently I ran 21:00 5K's and 45:00 10K's. (Well more recently like 10 years ago).

You 21 year olds that are talking about how "hard it is to get back in shape" have NO idea how hard it is to "get back in shape" :D Try it when you are twice as old. LOL
All my brothers, who are a little older, were also runners are having a heck of a time getting back into it so I thought I should get back now before its too late.


BTW: for those who don't know the 800= 1/2 mile (2 laps around a track), 1600= 1 mile (4 laps) and so on..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Traveler said:
LOL Its been so long ago I've forgotten my times. I do know its been long enough that my times would have been measured as a Mile time, 2 mile times, half mile time and quarter mile time.

More recently I ran 21:00 5K's and 45:00 10K's. (Well more recently like 10 years ago).

You 21 year olds that are talking about how "hard it is to get back in shape" have NO idea how hard it is to "get back in shape" :D Try it when you are twice as old. LOL
All my brothers, who are a little older, were also runners are having a heck of a time getting back into it so I thought I should get back now before its too late. I want to run another 10 mile race by the end of the summer, the last time I ran 1hr. 10min.


BTW: for those who don't know the 800= 1/2 mile (2 laps around a track), 1600= 1 mile (4 laps) and so on..
 

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
"Back in my day...."

1500m 4:24
5000m 16:11
10000m 33:32
Marathon 3:10:19 (I walked a little)

I'm with Traveler - began running when races were 880 yards, a mile, two miles...

Oh, to have an extra hour a day again...I was running well last year, and an injury occurred...
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top