TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought 2000 cobra R brembo calipers for 450 bucks, im pretty sure the guy has a few extra sets,, anyone else interested?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
At that price I would almost be interested right now...but I would have to change wheels and it would just be to say that I have them. Someone needs to jump on them though and fast.

Russell

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
What color? (I think they come in silver and black?) These are the 4-piston for 13" rotors correct? Direct bolt on for a hubswapped car?

-Joel

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I might be interested also if they are indeed a direct bolt on.

-Miller

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he said he has 3 more pair in red and 2 pair in silver. i should get mine by monday or tuesday, if everything goes well ill see if i can hook it up with the remaining calipers. the install should be almost as simple as the 13" cobra swap. it uses the same rotors and will bolt right up to the +93 spindles. im pretty sure its going to require a set of custom braided lines, but a good quality braided line shouldnt be overlooked when your installing 4 piston brembo calipers. the rotors come with brembo brand pads, witch is nice becouse the pads for these calipers is easily over $100, possibly more.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Why are braided lines needed? Will the ones from the GP a while back work?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope, the cobra r caliper has a unique setup, instead of a banjo bolt through a block it is more like how the rubber hose end attaches to the hard line on the car. i could be wrong, but from pictures ive seen this is what it looks like. check out the hub swap article in the tech section of tccoa, in that article he is doing the hub swap and cobra r caliper install, you can see the brake line in one of his pics.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, just ordered my brake lines for the calipers from paragon performance, they were only about $50 for the pair shipped, so the brake lines are taken care of at a great price

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
When you get your lines (or calipers) can you get me some dimensions and pictures of the fitting I would need please? (Depth, diameter, thread spacing)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when i get all the goods in ill put em on and write up alittle compairo between the 13" cobra and 13" cobra R brakes including fit and finish, performance and ill post some pics so you guys can judge the looks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i'm very interested in a silver set. few questions though, and i'm not too wise about breaks (or anything else for that matter) so sorry if my questions are noobish.

these are just the front two calipers, right? and what would it take to put these on a non-hubswapped car?

if i can get these to work without too much trouble, i'll totally take a set, just don't want to jump in too fast.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you have to run 13" cobra rotors with these calipers. i guess you could redrill the rotors for the tbird pattern, but ive never liked doing that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd be interested in a silver set. I am pretty sure they didn't come in red, so hopefully these are not 05+ GT500 calipers that DO NOT fit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they do come in red, thats the color that i bought, and they are for the 2000 cobra R, like i specificly said befor.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Brembo makes the red calipers, but not in mustang 13" setup.
The ones you bought are most likely for dodge 300c/SRT and are commonly missadvertised as fitting cobra's. They don't.

When you get them, please update this post. It would be great if they are the right ones.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any update on these yet??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts