TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello recently my dad has bought me a 1991 Mercury Cougar Ls Jack Slicklaus signature series . Now I have looked all over and can not find another car like it. It is fully loaded with everything u could get in a cougar that year and it has the 5.0 motor if this helps. My dad purchased it from a freind of his who works for ford for some time now. Could this be a specially built Cougar or what? If any one knows anything about this plz reply. Thank you....

P.S.....I am not sure which Forum this should be in so move if needed...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will have some 2morrow right now its night time where i am at. P.s How do i post pics?srry i never posted pics b4 and it looks just like a normal cougar but on the front fenders had a signatures series emblem on driver/pass. side

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Either set up a cardomain website, or a http://members.tcoa.com website and then you can post them as url's.

Right now I would recommend the cardomain site only because tccoa has been going in downtime, and then all those pics won't work. No offense tccoa, I am just lookin out for a fellow cougar nut.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
LI5.0Cat said:
Either set up a cardomain website, or a http://members.tcoa.com website and then you can post them as url's.

Right now I would recommend the cardomain site only because tccoa has been going in downtime, and then all those pics won't work. No offense tccoa, I am just lookin out for a fellow cougar nut.
TCCoA is all fixed now! No more downtime....

;)

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
It's probably some dealer package. I ran into one like this a few months ago, it was called "Blue Hill Edition" or something. Turns out, this dealer in MA put a few custom cosmetic items on a 96, called it a Limited Edition, and kicked up the price a few grand. I had an extensive conversation with Eric @ CoolCats about it.. He was just as surprised as me.

-Jes

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i get a chance i will post some pics of the signature series emblem that is on both my front fenders

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
didnt get a chance for the pics yet, but i looked on the title and it only says 1991 Cougar Ls. Maybe this will help?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ok , this sounds like a conversion package. just like all the bostionian cars. its a basicly a dealer added thing, they are nothing to do with ford.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i have worked at ford dealers for 9 years, trust me this is a conversion, my car has the same thing, local trim shops install them for the dealers with coach lights and all. differnet areas had cars called by different names, but all the same deal, the only models of cougar offered for 89-97 were ls and xr7, give for a few anniversary models. but they are conversions . they are a pia to get parts for, took me a month to get the correct lights for mine. and im still looking for a side cap and 2 matching buttons to cover the screws on the side, and i work in a ford parts dept.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
well you said your car comes up as an ls by vin, correct? each car came with different options. my current cougar is an 89 , but the 90 i had was loaded , less the cd player. mine had a moon roof, digital dash, aluminum wheels / power seats/premium sound / evo steering/ auto lamp and keyless entry. and it was an ls. my 89 i currently have had steel wheels. digital dash, power seats and evo and thats it, so its hard to tell by model designation whats cars came with what, but i have never seen an ls with leather interior. i beleive that only came with xr7 models. along with different engines. . but starting in 91 you could get an ls with a 5.0L . also check with the lincoln / mercury dealers around your area and ask them what kind of packages they offered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Golden Bear

Dont know if anyone is still reading this postbut here goes. I live just outside Dublin Ohio. The Murfield Tourney happens here every year, mostly rain sometimes sun (Leatherlips is the indian that cursed the Tourney). Anyway, all the dealerships donate cars to the Tourney for the pros to use for a few weeks. I would say that is where this particular "version" comes from. If I am wrong it certianly would not be the first time, just ask my ex!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dont know if anyone is still reading this postbut here goes. I live just outside Dublin Ohio. The Murfield Tourney happens here every year, mostly rain sometimes sun (Leatherlips is the indian that cursed the Tourney). Anyway, all the dealerships donate cars to the Tourney for the pros to use for a few weeks. I would say that is where this particular "version" comes from. If I am wrong it certianly would not be the first time, just ask my ex!
Your right, they loan them to golfers to drive the weekend of the tournament and then resale them as promotional event. They do make Nicklaus and US Open edition town cars. They are generally white with a green top but I think they are considered special edition from the factory. They are not only limited to golf. I have seen a Three Rivers Edition Cougar, just had gold lettering on the side for probably the Three Rivers Regatta they have in Pittsburgh every year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts