TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k. see if any1 can figure this out. lately when i drive my father's 1999 ford explorer. its a 4.0 sohc v6, the o/d light blinks one and off on sometimes. when it does that there seems to be a change in performance, when i turn the truck off and start right back up again everything is fine. when i change the tranny fluid it still did it. the tranny was rebuilt a year and half ago. but the truck was running fine. the o/d light blinks on and off when it seems like its trying to shift gears . again this is only sometimes. is this a tranny problem or a electrical problem?

also on the dashboard, where the battery guage is at , there is no light, and on the speedo , 10mph to 40 doesn not light up. a while back half of the dash did not light up, it came on and off when it wanted too. is there a buld back there, or as one mechanic told me, its all controlled by computer. if any1 knows, get back at me.

·
Administrator
8,010 Posts
Has anyone had codes read? Blinking o/d light means the tranny threw a code.

Sounds like burnt out bulbs in the dash cluster, they need to be replaced. Find another mechanic!

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts