TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Ps3 turn out to be the best console or what? Man I had such hopes for Xbox360 to mop it up. Big xbox fan, but I could turn after seeing the previews. Either way I'll have both so it doesn't matter. But PS3... using the new DVD technology (6 times the capacity of a normal DVD) and of course what I predicted once I saw Xbox didn't have, BlueTooth technology, at least for the conroller... I am gitty as all hell, I am always excited to welcome next gen consoles. I remeber dreamcast, I popped in Sonic and was like "WHOA", and now I get to experience that feeling again, finally!!!! So you guys hyped or not?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
teenageriot13 said:
Did Ps3 turn out to be the best console or what? Man I had such hopes for Xbox360 to mop it up. Big xbox fan, but I could turn after seeing the previews. Either way I'll have both so it doesn't matter. But PS3... using the new DVD technology (6 times the capacity of a normal DVD) and of course what I predicted once I saw Xbox didn't have, BlueTooth technology, at least for the conroller... I am gitty as all hell, I am always excited to welcome next gen consoles. I remeber dreamcast, I popped in Sonic and was like "WHOA", and now I get to experience that feeling again, finally!!!! So you guys hyped or not?
Xbox360 DOES use the double layer DVD technology.
Xbox360 DOES use wireless controllers

It's just another bull **** run when the consoles are close to the same.

- Pelezo

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Is the XBox dual layer drive Blu-Ray compatible?

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Bluetooth is a gimmick, along with Blu-Ray... And Why the heck do I want wireless? I got wireless technology to choke me.. oh, and my wireless keyboard doesn't work more the 5 feet from the transmitter. and all i need is my batteries to die in the middle of a race..

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
So true,

I will argue about the wireless controllers though because I have two Logitech’s for my Xbox and they are great, just buy rechargeable batteries and you are set.

- Pelezo

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Blu-Ray is the MPAA ways of getting out of there flawed dvd's..

You can get HD Video on a standard DVD-9 if you use MPG4, but since the MPAA whats to stop pirates they want Blu-Ray.. ANd Good luck getting people to go buy a new blu-ray dvd player.. Because I sure the heck ain't.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
The way I understand it, there will be a great reckoning with the future of HD: those who chose HD-DVD and those who will chose Blu-Ray. I asked if the XBox will be Blu-Ray because it seems like there is a great "choosing of sides" going on here. From what I hear a lot of major (read: MPAA-humping) studios are backing HD-DVD, and a lot of PC and home electronics companies are choosing Blu-Ray.

I was just curious whether Microsoft will be supporting HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

As for DVD-9, it's certainly established, but Blu-Ray spec discs can hold 50 gigs... there's some advantage there.

·
Registered
817 Posts
i havent yet seen full specs of xbox360, but the PS3 looks like its gonna be VERY new tech when it comes out, so it wont be obsolete when it hits the shelves, like the PS2 was.

PS3 is what the PS2 should have been.

Xbox better have some tricks up its sleeve or it might not make it in this round of consoles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts