TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm travelling to Orlando from the UK on Wed for a few days vacation and I'm planning on stocking up on some spares from Autozone while I'm in the US. Mainly servicing bits and and possible an upper TCA.

Last time I visited, I went to the Autozone on 2074 Central Forida Parkway. Just in case they havent got everything I need, can anyone recommend any other parts stores else in the Orlando area? We're going to be staying on I-drive.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are they likely to stock bottom radiator hoses in Autozone, or will that be a dealer part?

·
Administrator
748 Posts
You should be able to check availability online.
I went to that store on their website and it said special order, shows a funky two-hose piece, dayco hose, part #D71770 $32.99. Maybe you could special order it so that it arrives while you are there?
Usually special order means it is at their warehouse and can be at that store in 1-2 days.

I found the ford part online for $40.82, but this particular website doesn't list part numbers.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I looked at their site, but didn't realise that you could check stock at a particular branch. I'll go back on there and order it. I'm buying at as a spare, because even when I had a european car, it cost me nearly £100 ($150)for a very similar hose, and that was only made in Germany! $32 is only about £20. Bargain!

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TCA's - Duralast, Valuecraft, Dorman or Rare Parts??

OK, for upper TC arms, Autozone Orlando are only showing Duralast, Valuecraft, Dorman or Rare Parts. Which of those would be the best to go for. I bought a Duralast last time, and it only lasted a year or so before the boot shredded.

Also, its saying I need to go to the store to special order it.

·
Administrator
748 Posts
Let me see if any of the orlando people can chime in on other parts store options. I didn't realize the special order required in store - I guess they want you to pay first. How long will you be there? Maybe you could visit them your first day in town?
I can't help you on the upper arms, sorry.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We arrive late pm tomorrow, and are there until Sun, then we're going on a cruise for 7 days and back to Orlando on the 12th for the day, flying out in the eve.

So I could order them this week, and pick them up when we return from the cruise.

Last time I was in Autozone, the other side TCA I bought there was a MOOG, and that's still holding up well. I was hoping to buy another one of those.

·
Super Moderator
5,122 Posts
Have someone there in Orlando to receive them -or at worst, use a FedEx Office as "Hold for Pickup" - and order from RockAuto, using a discount code found on the forum here.

Problem solved!

RwP

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have someone there in Orlando to receive them -or at worst, use a FedEx Office as "Hold for Pickup" - and order from RockAuto, using a discount code found on the forum here.

Problem solved!

RwP
What do FedEx charge for that?

·
Super Moderator
5,122 Posts
Nothing, no charge a'tall.

Unlike The UPS Store - where they'll return it if you haven't prepaid them (dunno how much, I avoid that like the plague since FedEx is no additional charge).

Note: FedEx Office will only hold a few days, so it works best if you can schedule for a few days. Also, someone local will have to be the contact - because if they can't reach someone, it goes back in 3 days.

Still - beats not being able to get the Moog parts. Plus, RockAuto is cheaper than AutoZone, O'Reilly's, and Advance Auto on almost everything!

RwP

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I didn't know you could do that.

·
Registered
433 Posts
look for a carquest. they use oem parts and usually get anything you need that day or the next. I know there is one in the area

1 - 13 of 13 Posts