TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Highschool is flying by me at like mach 3 and I need to find out a school to go to after this. I am looking at UTI's Motorcycle Mechanics Course.. I have great intrset in bikes and know alot about them. My question to you is. Do any of you go to UTI?? Or do any of you recomed a specialized school in automotive training or motorcycle traning?? Any and all opinions are very welcome..

Mike

·
Registered
589 Posts
From what I've heard there is a big waiting lisr for UTI and the Nascar school in North Carloina. I thought about going to one but when I heard about the wait decided on something else.

Preston

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Im going to be going for the automotive program. Seems like a good school and they offer all the other classes after for free. So you can go to a BMW school or whatever for 6 months for free.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am a UTI Phoenix graduate. I went there straight out of high school, learned a lot. It was nothing like it is now, there were no make specific courses, only general training. I graduated with an Associates degree in auto/ diesel technology and automatic transmissions in July of 1990. Don't believe what the UTI rep tells you your starting salary will be. Overall a good school. If you go to Phoenix, watch out for Wild Wally's Wienies, them thing will trash your stomach "comes with heartburn, runs optional"
:D

Mike

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Do any of you know the approximate cost of attending UTI? I contacted one of their reps a while ago about going, but I really didn't want to have to sit down with the guy and be sold on going to the school.

Dugweed: How good was are their placement/housing/financial aid programs? Granted... the info is like.. 13 years out of date, but it'd help. Me anyway.

·
Registered
659 Posts
well my tuition was like 10,200 but y'know that was a decade or so ago, they will find you a place to live, not the best or least expensive place, but a place nonetheless. I recommend you stay in one of their "arranged apartments" until you get settled, then find a place on your own.
As for placement, they have a fairly good placement office, they will help you find a job while you are attending school, and were very good if you were looking for a position on the west coast, weren't too helpful finding me work in Illinois, but again that may have changed, the school certainly has.

I didn't use the financial aid program so i could not tell you how it is/was.
seems i'm very little help if any at all this time, sorry.

Mike

·
Registered
970 Posts
You live in Illinois, and College of Dupage has a pretty good auto program. My boss teaches automatic transmission there, and I know the former head of the program (Al Santini) pretty well. He was an amazing guy and did quite a lot for the program, he really turned it around. COD's automotive program is one of the best in the nation for junior college's. Aside from automotive, it was the largest junior college in the nation just a few years ago. Now I believe it is the 3rd or 4th largest, as far as class offerings and students. You'd pay a fraction of UTI or Wyo Tech.

If you want to get into automotive design, Kettering University is just a little ways north!

-Danimal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts