TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good one for you.... So here it goes:

3 men walk into a hotel looking to get a few rooms. After talking with the cleark they realise they don't have enough money to rent seperate rooms so they all pitch in on one room which is $30.00. So each man hands the cleark a 10 dollar bill and goes to their room. After about a half hour the cleark realised that a single room was only $25.00 and had overcharged them 5 bucks. The cleark then calls the bell hop over and tells him to go to the mens room and give them their change back. Being that it was a pretty slow night and the bell hop hadn't made any tips, he takes 2 dollars for himself and gives each of the men 1 dollar back. Now each man had payed an even $9.00 a piece and the bell hop had the extra $2.00.... where did the extra dollar go? :confused: :D :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is no extra dollar. 3 men paid $27, the clerk keeps $2, subtracted that equals the $25 spoken about. The three men ended up paying the hotel $27 for a $25 room. The hotel only received $25. The clerk should be fired.
<pre>
I've got one:
If a=1,b=1

multiply both sides by a:
a =ba

subtract b from both:
2 2 2
a -b =ba-b

divide by a-b
2 2 2
(a -b )/(a-b)=(ba-b )/(a-b)

you get a+b=a-b

or, substitute 1 for a and b, and the answer is:

1=0
</pre>
Eli

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I have a good one for you.... So here it goes:

3 men walk into a hotel looking to get a few rooms. After talking with the cleark they .....
....$9.00 a piece and the bell hop had the extra $2.00.... where did the extra dollar go?
I'm wondering if you told that right, 'cause it's pretty clear mathematicaly(sp?), or is it just me. :confused:
I'll pm my solution.

Edit: :uppoint: Post at the same time. Exactly what Mensan said.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nevermind.... I think you got it, lol. I don't even remember if that was it or not.... but it stumps the hell outa people, lol.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
This is an old one, but for the benefit of those who haven't seen it, here you are. PM me your answer so as not to wreck it for others trying to solve it. I'll let you know if you are correct. It took me less than 5 minutes.

Riddle

"Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."
PM me your answer. If you know it, people will drive you nuts trying to get the answer from you. DON'T tell them.

Correct answer provided by:

TGJ
Danman
ShadowDragon
Tazer999
Joel Bender

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thats easy.

PS: There are actually more then 2 words if you go by medieval spellings, but if your not going by those, then it is just the trick question

·
Registered
825 Posts
You want another one? What are 2 more words that end in dous that are commonly used? Besides tremendous and stupendous (no smoke screen on this one)

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
welp if the hotel room is 25 for all three of them, and then there is a 3 dollar tip... which brings us to 28 dollars... then the two the bellboy took leaves us with 30 bucks...

25 for the room...
2 for the bellboy..
3 in the mens pockets
30 dollars....

25 for the room plus the two dollar tip gives us 27 dollars / 3 = 9 a person ....

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Tazer999 said:
You want another one? What are 2 more words that end in dous that are commonly used? Besides tremendous and stupendous (no smoke screen on this one)
horrendous, hazardous, apodous, iodous, iridous, jeopardous, macropodous, molybdous, palladous, polypodous, vanadous

·
Registered
825 Posts
I said words that are commonly used Shadown Dragon, lol

But yah, u got the two common ones

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Well if you are a chemist you would be suprised at how many would be commonly used. ;)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
pyro/chemist tomay-to/tomah-to :ztoohot:

Genesis of life, I am,
and fragile as can be.
Yet only the strongest can escape
my clutches to be free.
What am I?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ShadowDragon said:
pyro/chemist tomay-to/tomah-to :ztoohot:

Genesis of life, I am,
and fragile as can be.
Yet only the strongest can escape
my clutches to be free.
What am I?
an egg?:confused:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Very good. :)

This riddle is for something you can never hope to see,
Since it's been told by a riddler such as me,
It is not something known or something that can be,
It has no age or is neither a he or a she.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Big-Al said:
the wind?
The wind is indeed known,
as this cold weather sure has shown,
it not only can be but is,
that is not the answer to this quiz.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts