TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today driving home had the heater going it died. i just had the ac replaced thought hmm wire came loose. so i continue driving the light for the battery didnt come on as soon as a hit a hill the thing just didn't want to climb. all the sudden lights go out and its getting no fuel i turn off my lights inside ones and outside to try and put my emergency lights on but it starts to kill the battery and fuel pump. i knew it was my alternator, but the thing is theres no amp meter its a digital one and it never came on. i'm thinking i might buy an after market analog one so i can keep a better eye on things. as i don't want to get stuck in the middle of a street having to push my car out of the street in traffic.

also was just wondering if anyone has had a similar thing happen to them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well...sort of. About a month ago all the lights, ac and stereo started acting really strange. I'd be driving on the interstate doing about 70 and it was like everything suddenly shut off for about a half of a second. Sometimes I'd just be sitting still at light and the lights would blink off and then back on quickly. It got worse too...I'd step on the gas and all the lights would dim and radio would go off and it would receive gas for a second. All I did was clean the battery cables and get new connectors and it greatly helped. Still not 100% solved though...battery gauge will flicker every now and then for some reason.

Not sure if that helps you at all, but it's kind of similar I guess :)

Oh well, just thought I'd share. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
you both should look into the big 3 and make sure everything is clean and tight.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i threw a new alternator in it and works like a champ again. was embarassing as my buddy saw me and gave my dad and mom a ride to the house to get the truck. so me and my buddy hung out for a half an hour. he said "so uh...."first on race day right..""

1 - 4 of 4 Posts