TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a little odd to ask of I guess.. but I want to see what one looks from the side.. port structure and such.. spent about an hour googling without any good results.. searched modulardepot forums too.. There's got to be some cross sectioned photos are diagram schematics or something.. curious as to how the material is built around the ports and passages..

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I have one of the intake and one of the exhaust. I bekieve it was posted on here. I'll look but I remember the file names.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
The Hayland 4.6L book has cross sections of almost every 4.6L head imaginable!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gave another peek using various terms with cross section.. no luck..

What book is that? I couldn't find a thing on it.. searches for Hayland kept turn up agricultural "stuff" :2huh: google or amazon.. neither were beneficial

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Oops, sorry wrong spelling!! :leftright

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/

Well worth the money, however some of the information is incorrect. But it is just mainly little things about the T'Bird engines and the Mark engines. All the major stuff appears to be accurate. Even with the errors, I still highly recommend it for anyone that wants to learn about the 4.6L. :thumbsup:

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/online/product_info.php?cPath=57&products_id=952&osCsid=e1b47ad6ebe5aefb6659a338a6f61330

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have the book as well. What have you found to be inaccurate?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
It is mainly little things like, "All the Mark VIII's IMRC's are aluminum..." (The Gen II's are plastic). They don't even mention the Gen II's POS intake, which is considerably different than the Gen I's. They don't mention the huge difference in the ports of the 94/95 T'Bird heads vs. the 96 and up T'Bird and Mustang heads.

Things like that. It's little things, but still inaccuracies. Some of which have been documented on-line. But overall it is very good, and the “important” stuff seems to be correct. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts