TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
8,104 Posts
Chris,

Check the Want Ad. There's a couple of 96's for sale down the Cape.

Joe

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i have a grand prix v6 for sale(along with the rest of the car)!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw it there on craigslist. the supercharged expedition gave you away. almost called on it too. as for my tbird, after 300,000, i grenaded the motor on 495. it was my own fault too. :rolleyes: it might end up on ebay soon

but...

I bought a 97 LSC yesterday. wish me luck with that air suspension. I think the rear bags leak. can you get lincoln parts too Jon?

·
Super Moderator
7,562 Posts
How did you grenade your motor?

Also, now would be a good time for an explorer or 4-cam swap. You won't get much for the car with a blown motor, even with the custom paint on it.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
chris....i work at a lincoln dealership!!! i tried calling this morning, but the phone just rang and rang.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jon, athol ford is ford, merc only so i wasnt sure bout you. i guess i better empty out the answering machine, HA. i was probably out there tinkering with my new lincoln:D

Mikey, what happened, was in this order:
1. drove through water a bit higher than i should be driving through
2. rusted cooling fan motor, overheats, killing the heater core(ouch)
3. replace fan with mark8 unit, blows a couple fuses, but i thought it was ok.
4. put her down a week to change valve seals, didnt go over so well, put back together, runs great
5. remember that i drive this thing 150miles/day just getting to work. not a good place to overheat.
6. tried to drive home @midnight, thinking that the highway will keep her cool, its worked before.
7. car gets hot, then smoke everywhere, oil covers the rear of vehicle, and motor is making a racket around the area i was messing with valvetrain. still driving down interstate though, hoping for best:rolleyes:
8. lost oil pressure, shut down, towed home. i might actually not be that bad, it still starts, somethings wrong under the valve cover
9. tow truck driver breaks off my only key in the ignition.

lotsa fun

Chris

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
athol can order lincoln parts....but they'll probably pork you on them!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jon I would never go there again and you know that. maybe to check out the suspension:rolleyes:
P+A for some minor stuff please.

Rear airbags, left and right.
lens cover for door panel courtesy light - right side- oval shaped, red and white.
interior door handle bezel, left side
door weatherstrip, the full circle one - grey interior
front ride height sensor, either side
HID bulb - just for future reference

i guess thats all it might need. and some big fat 20's

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts