TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on getting the 1 3/8" addco sway bars and i wondered if anyone here has them. Im not sure how much it will change the way the car rides. I am looking for a firm but not go-cart feel. So if there is anyone that has any of the Addco sway bars please let me know how you like them.
http://www.tccoa.com/rides/bitgar.shtml

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Get the 1 1/4" bars....

They're a VERY nice addition to the car. Tightens up the handling nicely. Add a strut tower brace and you've done the two of the four most feelable suspension changes you can do. The other two are tires/wheels and springs/shocks.

I say do the 1 1/4" instead of the bigger bars only because the bigger ones can be a bit harsh to some people and it sounds like you don't want that.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Rear Stabilizer Bar

Does Addco, or anyone else make these? While my car was on the lift at the exhaust shop today I noticed the rear stabilizer bar was broken in half. Would I be better off getting one from the internet, an auto parts store, or my Ford dealer?

·
Registered
437 Posts
ADDCO 1 3/8" F/R Competition Kit

Yeah, I have these bars on my '89 XR-7. I purely Love them! My car handles like it's on rails, and it isn't even lowered! The kits come complete with everythng you need.

I'm going to add Energy Suspension center mountS to both my ADDCO bars. They have a grease zerk & grease channels in the poly bushing. The ADDCO bars do not. If you don't keep them greased, the poly bushings will creak & groan over every bump.

You should ride in cars that have the 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" bars. My car rides a little harsher than stock, but I do not find it objectionable. Course, I value performance over ride quality. If you value ride quality over performance, go with the 1 1/4" bars.

I also feel that it's important to keep the car balanced. If you go up one step up on the rear bar, you should go up one step on the front bar. That's just my opinion though.

68COUGAR

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
For MOST of the people who've bought them, just adding the 1 1/4" rear bar is plenty when you factor in the effort to change the front bar. It's available to all Club members directly from ADDCO. Do NOT buy one from Ford. It'll be the same piece of junk that was on it when it left the factory.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got the 1 3/8".....the front one came in today but i guess they have to make a few of the rears so i will get it in about 2 weeks then i can have them both installed. and it looks like these bars are the same size or maybe bigger than a saleen mustang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts