TCCoA Forums banner

81 - 100 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Cougar seats are pretty awesome. I like them better than the SC seats. You don't have the bolster to deal with.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
The way I have to get in and out of the car, fold up my wheelchair and stick it behind the drivers seat the bolsters wouldn't last long. The back of the Cougar seat w/o bolsters is more contoured than the Tbird seat. The bottom looks the same but that can be fixed with foam.

·
Registered
154 Posts
blue i love the interior on your car. everything matches and its all 1 color. looks sweet man =] very clean sir!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
blue i love the interior on your car. everything matches and its all 1 color. looks sweet man =] very clean sir!
So are you also painting the dash blue? Just to reinforce what others are trying to tell you that panel is supposed to match the dash, otherwise it looks out of place.

·
Super Moderator
16,814 Posts
So are you also painting the dash blue? Just to reinforce what others are trying to tell you that panel is supposed to match the dash, otherwise it looks out of place.
Yup If anything I'd do the dash/radio surrounds and console top the color of the dash itself and have the switch panels alone smooth and colored for symmetry. It'll actually look pretty unique like that too.

·
Super Moderator
16,814 Posts
That's cool, that's pretty much the case for everyone with a non stock car actually but seeing as this is a discussion forum, questionable changes are likely to be discussed. Some may find it's painted for the sake of being painted, some may not.

It's my opinion, I use it everyday and I like it :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
on my brothers 95, only thing we did was 96 hood and 96 bumper and 96 lights, and i believe he swapped fenders since his 95s were effd. did we miss anything?

·
Super Moderator
4,898 Posts
Those are early style SC seats.
Also look for 89-90 XR7 seats - they're the same except for Cougar emblems instead of Thunderbird.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
16,814 Posts
Actually my tweed/leather seats were SC specific, 91-93 only. 89/90 SC and XR7s used the same pattern as the leather seats only in plain cloth, no emblems. 91 XR7 base seats came in the same pattern as my seats but used plain cloth in place of the leather/vinyl and jersey in place of the tweed, they had XR7 embossed where the bird is.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
It was likely a 91 5.0 XR7, they were identical to the SC XR7s minus the 3.8 and a few exterior changes. That was the only year XR7 was embossed in the seat
Yep I saw one of those in the junkyard recently I thought it looked pretty dam cool. If you had a cat to put em in.

81 - 100 of 159 Posts