TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You can probably use a Mustang fox body kit on your car.

I'm having a custom kit built right now for my 93 SC w/5.0 conversion. The company doing the work is called Forced Fab in Dayton OH. They are also doing another 5.0 Tbird and plan to offer kits after completing our cars.

Forcedfab.com

David

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
David Neibert said:
You can probably use a Mustang fox body kit on your car.

I'm having a custom kit built right now for my 93 SC w/5.0 conversion. The company doing the work is called Forced Fab in Dayton OH. They are also doing another 5.0 Tbird and plan to offer kits after completing our cars.

Forcedfab.com

David
I would be interested to know about the quality of the forced fab kit... please update me when your project is finished.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Not really. I start building boost around 2700 and hit full boost by 3300 or so. It lags a bit off the line but all turbo cars without loose converters do that. :D dirtyd0g will fix me up there when the time comes. :D

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
5lb spring in it now. I don't wanna go big til I upgrade fuel. I'll probably throw some bigger injectors on it then go to around 7lbs. I run that til I get a forged motor built. Then go for some real power. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so its a stock motor? you can prolly run higher than that and still be save (around 10 or 11) or at least thats what ive been told........ :confused:

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
100% stock motor. Underdrives, MAF, tune & turbo. I'm still breathing through all 3 factory cats too. Granted I do have a wideband O2 sensor/gauge and SCT ProRacer Package to tune it with along with help from Lonnie to keep things lookin good.

You don't wanna go more than 6-8lbs on these motors stock. The ring lands just won't take it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well thats nice to know.... sooner or later i plan on running a single turbo havent really decided on the details yet the motor (302 not sure how many miles it has on it i think its somewere around 50k) is stock out of an f150 with a 2 barrel no cats just sidepipes i need to fix the tranny(aod) problem it has, it shifts early (in all gears) ive only drove it about 2 miles sence i put the motor in it (the car has been sitting for a year and the motor has been sitting for about 3)

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Yup...and it runs GOOD now Chad. I wanted to see what it would do completely stock before I started really tinkering with it. :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sir William said:
Yup...and it runs GOOD now Chad. I wanted to see what it would do completely stock before I started really tinkering with it. :D

Shoot yeah man. Some kooks, high flow cats, and 3" mandrel back to the turbo and you will be in turbo heaven.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Negative. ZERO need for anything other than ditching the cats. So long as the exhaust before the turbo is larger than the inlet to the turbo impeller itself, I'm good. That's the beauty of the turbo. A pipe can only flow as much as it's smallest restriction. In this case that's in the compressor housing at around 1.25". So 2" to 2.25" is just peachy. Why waste the money.

In fact larger pipe before the turbo would create MORE lag because the engine would have to pump more air into those big pipes before the pressure at the impeller was equal to the level of the smaller tubes.

After the turbo is already 3" mandrel bent...that one matters. :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
that would be correct. bigger pipe slows it down. keep it small to get he exhuast back to the turbo at a higher speed to spin the impeller.

Sir Will, do you think its possible to get acouple turbos where the factory cats are. I've never had my car on a lift so I can't fully gauge it.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
97ThunderCat, I just don't see how. I've spent more time under the car with a turbo in my hands that most people and I just don't see where else you could stick it. There aren't enough options for placement.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts