TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wanted to get a Hypertech, maybe it isn't worth the money. If anyone has one, I would pay you to make some changes with it. Or maybe we could buy one and share it.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'm not real sure what it does.... or how much.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
:confused: :confused:
it don't run aaahhh w/e

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm not real sure what it does.... or how much.
There are a couple on Ebay now, they are around $300 and you can flash program your OBDII for better shifts and raise the Speed Limiter. If we bought one as a group we could all use it over and over.

FEATURES

(depending on year, make and model)

Hypertech Power Tuning

Tunes the engine for maximum power and performance, plus potential gas mileage improvements

Three-Stage Power Tuning

Special Three-Stage Tuning for Select Vehicles

Dual Fuel Tuning

Lets you choose optimized tuning for 87 octane or 93 octane fuel

Engine Rev Limiter

Extends the engine's RPM range for a wider power band

Cooling Fan On/Off Temperatures

Permits use of low-temperature thermostat for cooler, denser intake charge and lower engine operating temperature

Transmission Shift Points

Optimizes shift points by speed and RPM for maximum acceleration

Transmission Shift Firmness

Firmer full-throttle gear changes for faster acceleration

Top-Speed Limiter

Allows the vehicle's top speed to be matched to the speed rating of factory-approved high-performance tires

Speedometer/Odometer Correction

Automatically corrects speedometer and odometer readings for non-stock tire sizes and/or non-stock rear-end gear ratios (accurate odometer readings are required by law)

Read and Clear DTC's

Digital Trouble Codes – Check Engine Light

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HYPERTECH-PROGRAMMER-96-97-FORD-THUNDERBIRD-4-6L-NIB_W0QQitemZ140108668616QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
anybody know how to use it and read the numbers?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
blah that suck's

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Well then, I wonder if we can get the Porky edition and it won't remember which car it belongs to.

How is it going porkster? Slinging the panties around? Fix your lines yet?

Good luck on it, and its funny, as I read all these things you are doing to the car, I remember you saying, its going to be my daily so I am not going to do tooo much to it! Ya, Right, I knew you would keep playing with it.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
trust me if you could tune more than on vehicle with it id be sharing with EVERYONE here in so-cal lol

they would loose money if people were sharing tuners.

why do you think it isnt cheap when people send tuners to be unlocked to be used on another vehicle? after all that a NEW tuner would of been cheaper AND faster to your door.

you can however order the specific package from lonnie to allow you to use the xcal2 with other vehicles to tune them, but its not cheap ;)

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Good luck on it, and its funny, as I read all these things you are doing to the car, I remember you saying, its going to be my daily so I am not going to do tooo much to it! Ya, Right, I knew you would keep playing with it.
Well its not a daily driver anymore thats why. the crown vic is now and plus the mods being done to the birdie are to let it drive smoother, cooler, and longer hece why i added the cooler and added handling goodies

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
the radio works fine now. the fawker doesnt have trac-lok and the rear end peels *one wheel* out too much.

i already got some chrome interceptor center caps on the way and im gonna add a push bar just for the hell of it :D

and yes we know your old :rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
wow hypertech power programmer i wish i had the bread to help you guys.

97qwikcat hopefully i see you sunday you can give so pointers on my car. Im still a rookie.:tongue:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
those tuners lock to one vehicle the first time its used just like a xcal2. hypertech isnt THAT stupid...
I didn't realize that, I was thinking it would be such a great thing, now I know why they are not cheaper to buy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts