TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for pictures of 50% tint on the front sides with 35% rear side and back window.

Also what brand of tint does Ziebart use?

Joe

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
i like mine, cloudy you cant see through it, on a sunny day you can make out the outline of the dash and steering wheel :D yea i know why that dark? i guess back to being a teenage guy? i dunno

5% back 3 and 17% side windows

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8ate8, those side windows are only 50%? That's darker than I was expecting. Looks good my car is the same color btw.

In VA 50% 35% is the maximum allowed. Anyone else have pictures of this set up?

Joe

·
8,239 Posts
do it to the maximium allowed.

I have 50 on the front of my f150, its super light.

Beleive it or not 70 percent is the legal number for New York. I had to scrape the 5 percent off the front of the tbird's windows, then the cop brought out the light gun to prove a point to me. He shot it at the untinted window and it read 74 percent. So basically legally you can't put any tint on the front windows.

Heh, I have to take the car back in for maybe some 30 percent this time.

Go 5 percent on the rear three windows and don't think back. I have two layers of 5 percent on the rear 3 in the car, and one layer in the truck.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought that looked pretty dark for 50%. Please post pictues of your new set up.

I'm planning to do the legal max which in VA is 50% front 35% rear. I wouldn't be happy with 5%, too dark for me. I don't need any tickets either. Everytime I have ever gone to court for a trafic ticket there are always a ton of people there for tint violations.

I might do 35% all around, which isn't legal but I'm less likely to have problems with that than a darker tint.

Joe

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Not on the Bird, but on the Merc, sure do! That's 52% on the front, and 37% on the back as measured with tint meter. Used tint that was labeled 70% and 50%, glass is near 70% before you put any tint on it.

The pics were some I uploaded from a trip out Rt66 in 2006.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts