TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between the Flows or the Dynomax catback and I need to hear what the Dynomax sounds like. Thanx:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, the Dynomax site has some clips, but none that exactly match our application. Imagine your stock exhaust with a slight rumble on idle and up to 2000rpm. Past that, my engine and intake noise far surpasses it.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
redshft said:
Well, the Dynomax site has some clips, but none that exactly match our application. Imagine your stock exhaust with a slight rumble on idle and up to 2000rpm. Past that, my engine and intake noise far surpasses it.
Couldn't have said it any better myself

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good choice. While you may be disappointed in the sound level of the Dynomax at first, the reviews say that it will "break in" and get louder after about 6-12 months. The reason I bought it was because it had the largest pipes and the mufflers were in a standard location where I could easily replace them with another brand. (The Flowmasters enter through the side) I have also recently heard comments that the Flowmaster mufflers tend to rust out fairly quickly, but that would really depend on whether you make lots of short trips and what part of the country you live in.

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
The Dynomax sucks I cut that think off in less than 90 days and threw it away...no sound whatsoever.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the clip, I think I will be pretty happy with that, it could be a little louder but I'm not looking for too loud like the Flows since I have to drive the car back and forth to college and I don't want that much noise all the time.:)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
It takes a little while to break the system in. It will be dead quiet at first, but after having a lot of cabin drone I was glad to have some silence inside.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I've heard some people say 3 months. I drive around 60 miles a day and the sound clips were taken at the 2 month mark. The pops are from the mic bouncing off the center console, I don't know where the whistle came from, it's not from the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts