TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just spent 6pm-midnight of Christmas Eve at the hospital. My father was having chest pains and a tingling feeling in his left arm about a half hour after dinner. He had a heart attack 5 years earlier almost to the date (he was 42 then and it was New Years even then) so we knew this wasn't something to just sit and wait for it to pass. Well it got a little worse pretty quick and my mom called 911. Less then a minute after my mom got off the phone with 911 there was an off duty EMT (I guess they are never off duty) and a couple volunteer firefighters at my house. They stabilized his condition and then another volunteer showed up followed by a fire truck and then an ambulance.

It turns out it was probably a panic attack and not a heart attack (he has had some of those in the past). He is in the hospital over night because they want to run tests. He should be out by noon Wednesday.

I want to take this time to thank any EMT or FD workers here. It was less then a minute until we saw help. That is pretty amazing on Christmas Eve around dinner time. A big thanks goes for doing what you do to anyone here that works in those fields. I know it wasnt you that helped but anyone in that field probably would have done the same. While I’m thanking people thanks to the military people this season too for keeping this country safe, because I know there are a couple or so in this club.

-Shawn

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
They (PD, FD, Medical, Military) are heroes for doing their job. They gave up their christmas eve to make sure everyone else's wasn't a tradgedy. My dad has worked Christmas Day in the past (USPS) delivering packages. It's nowhere near what others do, but he saved Christmas for some people.

I hope everything is OK with your father, and Happy Holidays.

Matt

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt,

He is home and doing well now. :)

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Man, it sux when sht like that happens. A friends dad was in good healt, and died of a heart attack last New Years. Now the day is coming real soon, gonna be hard.
Very good to hear nothing serious ended up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone here a EMT or FD personnel?

I am a Police Officer / Firefighter / EMT for the Cedar Rapids Airport in Iowa. I also am a Lieutenant for the North Liberty Volunteer FIre Department .

I have helped many, many folks over the years...and even brought back a couple of folks that should be 6'under now.

I enjoy what I do. It takes a special breed of individual that wants to get out of bed at 3am to help another in need.

We are here to help. Never...never be afraid to call us for assistance.

Take care / Be safe

Sgt. Dave McGlaughlin - Airport
Lt. Dave McGlaughlin - NLFD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts