TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merely a simple question that can be answered with maturity... If this is another thread that will be locked, then why is there a Misc section?

·
Super Moderator
9,179 Posts
To answer the question, there is a Miscellaneous section so that topics that can't be put into the other categories can be discussed. The stipulation is that anything brought up or discussed adheres to the forum rules.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
If you're unfamiliar with the forum rules you can read them at the top of each forum.

Here are the rules for the Misc. forum, the general forum rules also apply.

If you're unsure about something, err on the side of caution.

No, I won't lock this thread unless it gets out of hand.

To answer your question; yes, I have an account at SCCOA but I'm not active, nor do I have a membership there.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
A vast majority of the senior members frequent both boards that specialize in these cars. There is great knowledge to be found on both forums if you play by the rules and are willing to learn.
Most of us don't care much for mustangs and choose a more comfortable ride.
Alan

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
A vast majority of the senior members frequent both boards that specialize in these cars. There is great knowledge to be found on both forums if you play by the rules and are willing to learn.
Most of us don't care much for mustangs and choose a more comfortable ride.
Alan
where in the thread does this have to do with mustangs or the comfort of the ride?

try to stay on topic.

and, I go over there from time to time.

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hold on, I'm almost done eating and I'll address this important issue that seems to get so misconstrued...

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not posting this to glorify Mustangs or any other car for this matter, so you can read into this what you like, I'm stating facts here. I'm trying to get other opinions about SCCOA and the members of that site. I'm sure I came off as harsh, but I was only being as harsh as other members. Sure I called the MN12 a fat pig, but who's going to disagree with me on this?? The mustang has not always been light, in fact the mustangs are now pigs and I will not drive a new stang to save my life. I've even had thoughts on selling my stang all together because I think it's too heavy.

Isn't it every drivers/racers goal to have a fun to drive car? Instead of trying to always compensate for weight, why not compensate for power?

Here's a crazy comparison for you guys, even with the lack of torque... Take my stupid CRX, it weighs in at just under 2000 lbs with me in the car, that's extremely light. For my CRX to be faster than my stang (which it's not too far behind right now) a mesely 200whp is all that's required. 200whp is very low on some people's power level chart of where they want their car to be, however 200whp in a 2000 lb car, and you have a recipe for a lot of fun.

Not only does less weight help in acceleration, it helps in braking, handling, gas consumption, and over all wear and tear of suspension parts. Is anyone disagreeing with me on this?

I called out these SCCOA guys on the weight of their cars, and they did not like this what-so-ever, so much that they banned me. I get tired of hearing, "Well, at least my car rides good." I'll take anyone for a ride in my stupid stang, and you'll see that they ride decent as well.

Why when these guys get picked on by the new guy, all they can do is to eliminate me like some kind of disease instead of trying to deal with the disease? I call that weak. I got on SCCOA to back up my brother that they just rip on left and right, why can't I do that without being banned? Double standards, double standards (notice I said that twice?).

Now, where's my "cool story bro" picture!!!! Also, I never said I was cooler than anyone, those SCCOA guys took all my comments the wrong way...

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
where in the thread does this have to do with mustangs or the comfort of the ride?

try to stay on topic.

and, I go over there from time to time.
You obviously did not read his posts from yesterday. He was banned by sccoa and wants sympathy here.
Alan

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
9,179 Posts
I'd be willing to bet you they don't block my server.... ;)

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You obviously did not read his posts from yesterday. He was banned by sccoa and wants sympathy here.
Alan
No, I want ZERO sympathy. Do you understand this???

I am merely stating facts that for some reason, these guys don't want to hear and become highly offended by them.

All I want is for the bullsh*t to stop. Like Nick says, take your car to the track and prove your point. I have, and I've proved it doesn't take much more than a couple of bolt-ons, some tires, and some gearing and you can drop about 2 seconds off your ET (in a car that is around 3100 lbs).

Again, when did I ask for sympathy? I bet dollar for dollar, mod for mod, I've done things with my car that guys still can't do. Am I bragging now, fvck yes I am.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Alan
You obviously have no clue who he is, or anything I know. So keep guessing. Yes, he was banned, good job there buddy. Would you like to know the whole story, or what?

·
Super Moderator
16,821 Posts
Do/did you have anything positive to say about the MN12? If not I'd probably want you banned too. You're clearly trying to continue instigating drama here now that you can't in SCCoA.

Speed isn't everything. There's always a faster lighter more luxurious car out there, we choose to drive these because we like them for what they are, not for what they do. But if speed was a goal it wouldn't be with something as crappy as a Civic fastback or a Fairmont coupe.

For the size and technical features the MN12 has it really isn't as much of a pig as it seems. Find another V8, RWD, dual independent SLA suspended unibody car of similar proportions that weighs less than the 3500-3800 lbs most of these weigh.

·
Banned
287 Posts
The story is this.

Dude gets on SCCOA to help defend someone he knows.

SCCOA guys don't like new guy much talking about how heavy the MN12 is.

New guy says some other things that kept getting fixed, so I fixed them back.

New guy gets banned.

There, that's the whole story. Now, what else would you like to know, bro? Cheif? Dude??

Do/did you have anything positive to say about the MN12? If not I'd probably want you banned too. You're clearly trying to continue instigating drama here now that you can't in SCCoA.

Speed isn't everything. There's always a faster lighter more luxurious car out there, we choose to drive these because we like them for what they are, not for what they do. But if speed was a goal it wouldn't be with something as crappy as a Civic fastback or a Fairmont coupe.

For the size and technical features the MN12 has it really isn't as much of a pig as it seems. Find another V8, RWD, dual independent SLA suspended unibody car of similar proportions that weighs less than the 3500-3800 lbs most of these weigh.
I'm not trying to instigate anything?

So, if you know about this huge deficit you have to over come just to get to the stock levels of other cars, then why mod them in the first place?

Do you think all mustang guys are crying over the LS1 handing them their ass from time to time? No, we get even and attack right back.

And BTW, I have a crappy Civic and to be honest, I'd rather work in it any day of the week. I've come to find out there's more than just Ford products out there as well. Go ahead and talk all the crap you want about Honda, and I'll show you what they can do on a road course.

I'm not bashing anyone. If you want to mod a car, then mod it and do what you like to do.

·
Registered
128 Posts
boo hoo, so you got banned. Your story is suck,

Go suck it easy somewhere else....

·
Banned
287 Posts
Corvette

boo hoo, so you got banned. Your story is suck,

Go suck it easy somewhere else....
Ah, an SC guy. Hello, my name is Kris, what's yours??

·
Super Moderator
9,179 Posts
Two seater vs four seater...?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.