TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Around the weekend of June 23rd I will be making a trip down to Houston. I will have my new bird and I need better gears!!!AS the car sits right now 1st and 2nd gear are almost useless because of the power and this ridiculously low gear ratio...I will trade anyone a low mileage 3.55 trac lok diff for a 3.08 trak lok diff or even a 2.73 if there are none around. I have time before this happens but I wanted to get it out there in case someone wanted a little more low end grunt for thier car and would not mind swapping with me. Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I have a 2.73 rear in a 1991 T-Bird
It's not a limited slip, but cant you just swap the carrier?
I also still have the spedo gear for it also

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Guys, Around the weekend of June 23rd I will be making a trip down to Houston. I will have my new bird and I need better gears!!!AS the car sits right now 1st and 2nd gear are almost useless because of the power and this ridiculously low gear ratio...I will trade anyone a low mileage 3.55 trac lok diff for a 3.08 trak lok diff or even a 2.73 if there are none around. I have time before this happens but I wanted to get it out there in case someone wanted a little more low end grunt for thier car and would not mind swapping with me. Let me know if anyone is interested.
If no one has the gears for ya let me know.I have a 3.L08 in my basement that I was going to build and put 3.73's in.

I'd be willing to ship if you are.How are the 3.55's anyway?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all it has to be a trac lok that I put back in...The 3.55's have about 5000 miles on them that I know of...I would like to do a direct swap same day if possible because I have to have a driveable car.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ya it's a trak-lok.Let me know if you can't find one.I'll ship to you and then of course you can swap it in and ship back to me.Let me know.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can ship back to you...not a problem...it will be the middle of june before I can do anything due to having the car and getting time off of work...is that ok by you? Also what is the condition of the unit you have? mileage ? etc...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The car had around 80k on it when it was pulled.The clutches seemed to be tight though.I was thinking about opening it up.If I do I'll snap some shots for ya.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I have a 3.27 T-lok that I pulled from the yard roughly 6 months ago....I have not opended it up yet.
It is also not on the car either.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Wow all these posters from other parts whoring up this thread.

Kidding guys.

Wait a little there might be others willing to swap you here. And I see 2.73 TL all the time in the yards. I just bought a 3.27 myself for $70.00.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really want a 3.08 trak lok if I can find one due to the fact it work right in my car.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I'll keep my eyes peeled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts