TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any airbrushing techniques theyd like to share? i got a Tamiya nissan skyline that i bought and im going to airbrush the paint on. the body.. what i want to do is: prime it lightly with acrylic primer, then im going to spray a couple coats of Tamiya acrylic Metallic Blue, then a light coat of Tamiya acrylic Clear Blue and a couple clear coats. i want this to come out as good as possible, since the skyline is one of my favorite cars (it may be japanese, but IT IS NOT RICE). i just finished a couple prepainted diecast kits, 67 Mustang GT500 and a Mustang Mach 1, and im working on a Dodge Charger Daytona right now..

·
Registered
299 Posts
make sure you wash the body first. I didtn do it on a couple and the paint would not stick. I usually just run it through the dishwasher with a little soap and take it out before the drying cycle. Then just wipe it off with prep wash.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Be very careful about painting the body. I agree about washing it forst, but another big point is to paint lightly, but since you're priming before painting, you'll have to watch out how think you get those coats of paint. If you get it all too think then the model will take some coaxing to make it fit right.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im probably priming it.. it is white plastic tho soo... i might not. and its tamiya.. so its good quality, i just prolly need to smooth out a couple areas. -greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts