TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke/lost my motorola v325 and now the top and bottom half are separated not to mention it looks like the circuit board is broken

heres the thing it has a bunch of irreplaceble pictures in it of my nieces (8 month old twins)

I am wondering if somehow I can take it apart and put it back together?

I see that the bottom half needs maybe an allen key

but the top half I have no clue

I'm thinking if I can solder or some how get the circuit board (seems like plastic paper actually) together it might work

I figure I have nothing to lose as I got a new phone thru insurance already (cost me $50 :mad: )

anyone know how the top half comes apart?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have taken apart and rebuilt every phone that nextel / motorola has ever had, and all of them used very very very small torx bits for the screws. If you don't know what you are doing, be very careful. I would take the phone to a service center and see what they say. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the issue is that I told them I lost the phone meanwhile I got mad and threw it I dont know about a service center for that reason

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
How about a link to the motorola phone in question and some pics of your damaged one. If you broke it at the hinge it's probably just the flat cable connecting the two halfs that torn apart. It might be repairable, I think I could get it working and get my stuff off of it, but your not me. not sure what your up for...

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
pnyklr said:
I have to go to lowes tomorrow I'll check to see if they have the torx in that size
I was surprised to find the local Sears Grand, ex "Sears Essentials"-converted-former-Big K-mart-upgraded-from-oldschool-70's K-mart has a nice selection of torx screwdrivers right down to the ones small enough to take cell phones apart. And they were all just hanging on the hook individually so you don't have to buy a hole damned set. Just bring you phone with you and find the ones you need that's what I did.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Southpaw said:
I was surprised to find the local Sears Grand, ex "Sears Essentials"-converted-former-Big K-mart-upgraded-from-oldschool-70's K-mart has a nice selection of torx screwdrivers right down to the ones small enough to take cell phones apart. And they were all just hanging on the hook individually so you don't have to buy a hole damned set. Just bring you phone with you and find the ones you need that's what I did.
I'll check out sears tomorrow also then but how do I get the top part of teh phone apart is the killer question there are no screws visible

southpaw it is just that flat cable

·
Registered
554 Posts
every phone is different. Usually a lil prying will go a long way. However, if something feels like its not going to move, don't try it.... that's how plastic gets broken. In a worst case scenario you could mail it to me and I'll play with it for you.

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
It can be done...

You can Very carefully use an exacto to scrape off the covering from the copper traces on that plastic board, and solder fine wires to it. Stiff wire will pop off.

I have done this many times; one side is coated, the other is the plastic (Kapton)...the copper is very thin. Odds of you doing this if you are not very experienced at soldering are essentially nil, but that's how you do it.

BTW, its called 'flexcircuit' ; we use a lot of these.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
I have taken apart and rebuilt every phone that nextel / motorola has ever had
Sorry to hijack, but is it a common problem for i530's to stop working/freeze up randomly?

Also, the charger contacts on my 530 are messed up. They were somehow pushed/bent inward, so I carefully bent them out again and it still doesn't work. Could I have fried something? (Power was off and battery was removed when I messed with the charger contacts.)

thanx
/hijack

·
Registered
554 Posts
Check your pm's.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you happen to want to upgrade to an 860, I've got one in good shape with sim card I am looking to get rid of. Switched to Cingular to save some money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts