TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been having a problem with my paintball gun not re-cocking. Its a semi auto and will not reload itself. All the O-rings have been replaced, and every part is where it should be, according to the diagrams. The C02 tank is full, I just cant figure this out. :confused: The gun is a Brass Eagle Avenger 2

Oddly enough when the bolt was in upside down, it would auto reload.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
hmm, I'm afraid I dont know too much about the brass eagle line, except that they are rather low on the totem pole.

What type of velocity adjuster does that guy use? Does it adjust spring tension on the hammer? Or does it restrict air-flow to the breech?

·
Registered
825 Posts
maybe what you think is upside down is right? I did that once

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
does the hammer have an o-ring? If yes, does it have a fresh o-ring? When I say fresh, I mean new. On my old .68 carbine I had a hammer o-ring that pasted visual with flying colors, but it was old enough, and had shrunk. It wasnt creating enough of a seal, and the blow-back gasses were escaping around it instead of cocking the hammer. Also check your valve, make sure it isnt clogged at all, and well lubed.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the o-rings are brand new. When it was upside down it would re-cock but the ball would just fall out of the barrel because the one half-hole was facing up ad not letting the C02 get to the bolt. Id love to get a new gun but I dont have the money for it. The velocity works with a bolt that pushes against the spring but adjusting that made no diffference. The gun is just over a year old, would the springs be worn out already? I dont use it too much, maybe twice a month. I lubed the whole thing when I replaced the O-rings and the gas line.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
ok, new o-rings... check.

and you tried removing tension from the drive spring, and no difference? ok

are there any other differences in the bolt, from top to bottom, other than the air passage? Have you tried the gun both with and without paintballs?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only difference I can see in the bolt from top to bottom is the one hole for the gas. With or without paintballs makes no difference.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill try tearing it down again tonight, maybe I missed something before.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
Spyder is better. heh

Nothing wrong with spiders, I'm more of a tippmann fan myself, but thats just a personal preference. The only Tippmann I have right now has been sitting in the closet for a while now (sad to say). Heres my gear, or at least my markers:

·
Registered
871 Posts
I like autocokers, but they are alot of work...

But when they are working right you can't beat 'em

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
nice cocker :) I have a mini-cocker body lying around here I've been wanting to build, maybe with an mq valve, and an electro frame. I'll definetly be going the eclipse route with it (assuming I ever get around to it).

I just got my ego today, and I really like the job Eclipse did with it, I assume the whole trigger and electronics react and feel similiarly to their cockers (the open vs closed bolt operation aside).

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
My babies:

Tippmann SL-68II, around 10 years old. 16" All-American

My Tippy 98 Custom. lots done to it (polished internals, drop forward, couple of barrels, etc.) Going to go R/T soon :D

I'm looking to get a new one to play NCPA 'ball. I'm thinking about an E-grip A-5 or an Ion (Our paintball club can get any Tippmann for cost, which is why I'm considering the A-5).

Anyway. . . . . . .[/hijack]

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Autococker all the way for me. I've never shot a gun I liked more, even ones costing twice what it cost to build my 'cocker. I've got an Omen for backup, and I've also got an Armotech Zeus that I play with every now and then.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
cougar_guy04: nice sl-68II! I have a .68 special in the closet, had an 18" boomstick turned down to fit it, neat gun, just doesnt see much use anymore.

SloMo: I've never had a cocker, but the blazer is more or less the same deal, most precise and consistent gun I've ever shot, and I got it on the cheap.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
two things:

first, blueLS.... any luck yet?

second... I took the EGO out for the first time today, and holy cow, this thing is great!! We all know its the player that makes the difference, but it having good tools certainly doesnt hurt!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts